• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ema's RPG Sheet Website down...

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
Thanks to the folks at WotC. As someone who used that site for character sheets over the last few years, I've gotta say that I'm really annoyed.

Good luck sorting things out Ema.

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
Well sure, tough economy. With so much corporate belt tightening, the WOTC Legal Hit Squad needs to look like they're productive and busy. So they unsheath the Plus Five Bic Pen of Funkilling and the Plus Three Cease and Desist Pad of Pettiness and go to work.

Way to go WOTC.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Dirty pool. This fan site has been contributing to the D&D community for ages, and by threatening it, WotC is spitting in all our faces.

This is a bad move, and I find it hard to believe that it was perpetrated by the same people who have shown our community so much goodwill and support. The person responsible should be reprimanded, and an apology sent to the website operator.

Jack of Shadows

First Post
You know,

I was livid when they killed Dungeon and Dragon. But this just elevates me to a level of disgust that I just can't verbalize on this site with out breaking the rules. I can say I'm officially done with EVER purchasing anything from these sanctimonious pricks.

JoS - D&D is dead to me.

frankthedm

First Post
Hmm, maybe it was just for the fact that the site asked for the paypal donations?

But the stench of T$R is in the air...
Nope air here is clear.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Without any actual information (and there is precious little in the notice on Ema's site), it's impossible to tell what's going on. All we know is that a C&D letter exists; we don't know what it was for exactly, we don't know how much conversation took place prior to it, we don't know if it's an issue that can be easily fixed or not.

I'm sure Ema and/or WotC will fill us in on the details when/if they feel like it, but jumping to conclusions is not particularly productive.

I'm sure Ema and/or WotC will fill us in on the details when/if they feel like it, but jumping to conclusions is not particularly productive.
No, no... I disagree. I think now is the time to declare my undying hatred and blood feud with Wizards of the Coast, Dungeons & Dragons and Scott Rouse personally. They will rue the day that they took down this website and sparked my wrath. We might want to step out of the books on this one.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Hmm. First WotC scores some points in my opinion for 'stepping out of the books'* on one actual pirate, but then they take down a longstanding fansite. That's just not cool guys. Not at all. I have big differences on a design level with you guys over 4e, and some constant eye-rolling over the management and content in the digital area, but it's nothing personal ... but this just comes off as scummy. Say it 'aint so. :(

*IYKWIMAITYD

HiLiphNY

Explorer
Desperately low sales of 4e relative to those seen initially with 3.0 call for desperate behaviour, I suppose.

Yes, I'm having flashbacks of TSR during the 2E days with respect to their treatment of fan websites.

Maybe they will discuss it on their slick, polished, and informative Podcast! I can't wait!!!

Not cool, guys. Not at all.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads