Emergency Reading Material.

Zardnaar

Legend
Going camping tomorrow. Internet is spotty gonna be short of juice as well.
IMG_20220113_203323.jpg

Raymond E Feist and Janny Wurts Empire trilogy (last read 2007) or The Elenium by David Eddings last read 90's or early 2000's?

Plan is for 8 days between weather and cabin fever I expect it will be shorter. Probably my favorite trilogy ever or Eddings best work imho.

I'm taking both. But what one should I read?

Last edited:

Dioltach

Legend
Once, flying to the Caribbean, I finished four of the six books I'd packed for the holiday before we landed. That's when I decided to get an ereader.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Elenium is lighter reading, but I think it feels incomplete without proceeding into the Tamuli.

Empire series is a bit weightier in my mind, but stands apart from the Riftwar pretty well.

You can't go wrong either way, but personally I'd go with Eddings on this one.

Mallus

Legend
The Kelewan trilogy. My buddy swears they're better than the Riftwar (I'm not so sure). If I were to take Eddings, it would be the Belgariad.

Zardnaar

Legend
Halfway through the Diamond Throne.

Campsite.
IMG_20220114_095704.jpg

The Facilities. Running water boil it first. Vault toilets basically longdrops.

IMG_20220114_095715.jpg

In a gully with a river and native forset. Waking up to bird song bellbirds and Tui.

aco175

Legend
Sounds nice, we are bracing for a few inches of snow and ice tonight. I would bring something that may be a guilty pleasure and something you do not mind if it got ruined. Like a Drizzt book.

Remove ads