• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Empowering Evard's Black Tentacles

I'm betting that this has been covered before, and I'm hoping that someone with a good memory can give me a quick answer on this one: what is increased when you empower Evard's? Surely the roll for the number of tentacles is increased, but what about the grapple checks and their subsequent damage? By the way, this is technically a 3.0 question, since our group has not switched over yet.

NCSUCodeMonkey

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
I'm betting that this has been covered before, and I'm hoping that someone with a good memory can give me a quick answer on this one: what is increased when you empower Evard's? Surely the roll for the number of tentacles is increased, but what about the grapple checks and their subsequent damage? By the way, this is technically a 3.0 question, since our group has not switched over yet.

NCSUCodeMonkey

The number of tentacles would be empowered. Checks, like grapple checks, caster level checks, and so on are not affected by empower or any other metamagic I am aware of.

Remove ads