• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EN Publishing] Announcing War of the Burning Sky 4E!

Good point. Russ, do you have any reviewers you could get to review the whole series? I'm sure there are folks who post on the EN Pub boards who'd do it, but they would be a bit more biased, I think.

(Of course, I've been waiting a long while to hear people's thoughts on the saga as a whole, so biased works for me.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Good point. Russ, do you have any reviewers you could get to review the whole series? I'm sure there are folks who post on the EN Pub boards who'd do it, but they would be a bit more biased, I think.

(Of course, I've been waiting a long while to hear people's thoughts on the saga as a whole, so biased works for me.)

Well I don't generally ask the ENW staff reviewers to review ENP products, but if they did soon their own initiative I wouldn't complain!

I agree, it's some kind of bizarre review desert when it comes to WotBS.

moofrank

First Post
I bought and read the 3.5 series. WotBS is quite good. Better than The Shackled City.

The focus is much more on humanoid, small encounters, and funky situations. With 3.5, you got the weird trend of setup->giant freaking dungeon that pretty much dominates 4e.
WotBS also doesn't becomes overly bogged down in investigation. There are mysteries, and a pretty impressive scope, but nothing that looks as if it could bog down overly.
I've mostly been running Warhammer because of its focus on non-monstrous enemies, standoffs, and situations in the published (and fan created) adventures.

Besides, the Campaign and Player guides are free. There is a good summary of the entire saga in the Campaign guide.
My only concern with the potential 4e conversion is how a lot of the situation stuff is handled.

The accepted format for 4e Skill check encounters tends to forgo actually explaining the situation fully, providing details to help the GM run, and put tons of detail on the limited Roll on X: Y happens.

Korpus

First Post
Sorry if I am being blind but is there any of the 4e stuff ready yet? It mentions the first 5 adventures are already written so I was hoping to see a preview of it at least.

Thanks

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sorry if I am being blind but is there any of the 4e stuff ready yet? It mentions the first 5 adventures are already written so I was hoping to see a preview of it at least.

No; the new GSL was only released last week. We start work on the 4E adventures once the 3.5 harcover is out.

Man-thing

First Post
I agree, it's some kind of bizarre review desert when it comes to WotBS.

You could see if the Game Cryer (gamecryer.com) is interested in reviewing WoTBS.

Question: If people were a subscriber to WoTBS, do they get a PDF of the Complete Campaign Compliation?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You could see if the Game Cryer (gamecryer.com) is interested in reviewing WoTBS.

Question: If people were a subscriber to WoTBS, do they get a PDF of the Complete Campaign Compliation?

No, it's got a whole load of extra bonus stuff. Those who buy the hardback get a coupon for the PDF for free, though.

I might give one of the bonus adventures away free to those who subscribed if I can get it separated out into a separate PDF.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads