• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World ENsider

fuindordm

Adventurer
It's an interesting take on things, and I like the idea of people paying for just the articles they want. Sort of a clearinghouse for peer reviewed adventures?

Count me as interested in the 5th edition editor role. I think you might get more mileage out of this by having multiple editors, however-- the people with lots of experience also have less time to devote to side gigs.

I've been a professional tech writer and editor for several years now, but my skills are more in the language editing and project management line than PDF layout and design.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, I have over 30 editor applications now. Enough that I'm actually rather dreading working my way through them all, but also that I feel there will be some great folks in there. I could still use more choices for layout - I have a half-dozen applications, but I'd ideally prefer a few more before I start choosing. No art directors yet!

It looks like the infrastructure is coming together. That's the hard bit. Once that's all in place, the fun can begin!

http://www.enworld.org/ensider/submissions.html

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
If layout is taken or goes to someone else, art direction is certainly something I could lend my eyes and artistic talents to instead. Whatever helps. I can layout. I can edit copy. I can edit/manage production. I can direct art. I can direct content. I can create copy. I can create art. ...I can silently partner. ;)

So whatever you might need in putting this together and/or publication, give me a shout.

PS: I'm back living in the states now (guess I should change that in my profile here). So I'm not as close to GMT as I once was until recently, back in EST (GMT-5), but working with people in different time zones is kind of second nature after 4+ years in Andorra...if that's a factor for consideration.

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
OK, I have over 30 editor applications now. Enough that I'm actually rather dreading working my way through them all, but also that I feel there will be some great folks in there. I could still use more choices for layout - I have a half-dozen applications, but I'd ideally prefer a few more before I start choosing. No art directors yet!

It looks like the infrastructure is coming together. That's the hard bit. Once that's all in place, the fun can begin!

http://www.enworld.org/ensider/submissions.html
That's good news. Best of luck!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We have an art director! Artists, feel free to contact Ken Marable.

I now have enough applications for all the positions, so if you're one of those - thank you! I now have to pick two editors out of a giant pile. Once those are chosen and the contracts signed, it'll be open season for writing submissions!

I already have a sample article in process. It's one I wrote a long time ago based on a section of Tournaments, Fairs & Taverns. It's a piece on archery contests. Mainly to get a trade dress template down and an example of what an article will look like when complete. I'll probably put it up for free when it's done.

sithramir

First Post
What is interesting is that since I mentioned this I've had:

Queries about writing submissions: nearly 40

Queries about the editing or layout positions: 0

You can see why the latter are so valuable! Good editing/admin/layout people are damn hard to come by! :)
What kind of experience is really needed? I wouldn't mind editing but I'm a mechanical engineer by trade. I have strong technical writing background in my field but I'm not an editor. I'd be willing to help

machineelf

Explorer
I do layout work for a living. Problem is, I am familiar with 5e, but not so much with Pathfinder, and I noticed your layout and design spots would require both. Been meaning to play some Pathfinder and get familiar with it (and 3.5 by proxy), just haven't gotten around to it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Phew. Right, I've made a decision on the two layout artists. Now for the two editors. I have narrowed the latter down to 14 people so far. I plan to make two offers today, and with luck everyone will be in place before tomorrow!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads