EN World Gen Con Gathering??

Bill Muench

First Post
Due to not keeping up with this thread, I won't be able to make it to the ENnies or The Gathering (tm). I'll be juding some RPGA stuff during the slot. Bah... I'm sure I'll get a chance to see those of you I know, but for those of you I don't know - maybe next year!

Edit: Or stop by the RPGA area and ask around. A friend and I will also be offering all of the Highfolk mods during midnight slots (and midnight slots only - the modules won't be available during regular con hours) - find a Highfolk judge and stop on by and we'll give you the mod.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Bill Muench said:
Due to not keeping up with this thread, I won't be able to make it to the ENnies or The Gathering (tm). I'll be juding some RPGA stuff during the slot. Bah... I'm sure I'll get a chance to see those of you I know, but for those of you I don't know - maybe next year!

Bill - I hope I see you! Don't you owe me a beer?

- Kevin

NeghVar

First Post
William,

If you can get me a list of the last few people that posted after #119...I will whip out one or two pages more of "named" badges.

Later!

MEG Hal

First Post
Friendly reminder....d20 publishers smackdown Thursday at 8

Since most of us will be at the gathering for a bit I figured I would remind all of you to visit us on Thursday at the smackdown...here is the scoop:

The first and maybe last D20 Clan Wars Smack Down Annual at GenCon 2002

Come watch your favorite D20 publishers battle it out in head to head action at the Gen Con Game Fair in August in the "D20 Clan Wars Smack Down" boardgame. The D20 Publishers will be using the strengths and weaknesses of each of their companies in an attempt to out play each other in a board game based on D20 and gaming industry. The event is to happen at Gen Con, Thursday night August 8th at about 8 p.m. in the Board Game Hall which is located on the 3rd floor, Hall D. The event will be open to the public and attendees may even get to join in the fun and play their favorite publisher. Mongoose Publishing and Thunderhead Games are orchestrating the event. Expect more details to follow as the date for battle draws near.

The general idea is to start the game announcing a new d20 company and be the first to go to print with a book. Every time you land on a space that has you pick a card you will have to pick a disadvantage card and see what happens next. Each publisher is aware of this event and understands that this game is making fun of what we love to do (make d20 books), so come over and see us play and if we need to leave who knows you may be asked to take over and run your own d20 company and see if you can get your first book to print before all the others.

Publishers already confirmed for the event are:

Mongoose Publishing
Thunderhead Games
Mystic Eye Games
Bastion Press
Troll Lord Games
Green Ronin Publishing
Paradigm Concepts
Fantasy Flight Games
Avalanche Press
Necromancer
WoTC

Anthraxus

Explorer
William Ronald said:

Morrus, NeghVar already sent me the badges with the aliases and room for names. So, Al can write his own name on the badge. (I think we all should thank Neghvar, as his hard work should be appreciated.)

Thanks, NeghVar!! :)

William, how will we find you to get our badges before the Gathering? Can you post a picture, maybe?

Kalendraf

Explorer
I'll be travelling to GenCon that afternoon, and if all goes well, I hope to make in time for both the Ennies and the gathering.

William Ronald

Explorer
Four more days

Welcome to Loegrimm, Adlon, Dinkeldog, Halma, and Wulf, and Kalendraf!! CR Greathouse, I am sorry that you can't make it this year.:(

We now have 129 people signed up for the EN World Gathering.

Kalendraf, I have asked someone if he still has a photo of me on his site. If so, I will link it here.

However, here is a general description. White male, age 37 (sometimes accused of looking younger), height 5 feet, 5 1/2 inches, somewhat stocky build, brownish blonde (dishwater blonde hair), slightly reddish beard, glasses. I will also print up extra EN World name badges and try to wear one at all times at the Con. (So, if you can't find me, give this description to the Milwaukee Police Department.:D )

I also plan to make the RPGA Gathering on Wednesday night. My events are a little up in the air, as I did not preregister. However, I will be hitting a lot of the RPGA events.

Remove ads