EN World Glossary Needed

Angcuru

First Post
PC - Player Character, occasionally PirateCat, less frequently Paper Cut

OMGWTHHYBSACIGS! - Oh My God What The Hell Have You Been Smoking And Can I Get Some!?

Fnord! - If you don't already know, its too late for you...:cool:

Tom Cashel

First Post
Tiefling said:
Neither is "sic," which is the one that stumped me for the longest time. :)

Sic [Latin] "thus; it is so." In a quotation, used within brackets in order to call attention to the fact that the quotation is literally given though containing an error or misstatement. e.g. "The DM said my rouge [sic] is too powerful and needs to be nerfed."

Last edited:

kiznit

Explorer
Sic [magical]: A primary verbal component to a low level summon monster spell. Many conjurers refer to their summoned monsters alphabetically, for the convenience of cataloguing. Thus, if a summoner wanted his dire badger "M" to attack, he would cast his spell by saying, "Sic'em!"

Higher level summon monster spells use different verbal components, e.g. "Please Mr. Elder Elemental sir, if you wouldn't be so horribly bothered and wack this lich to next Tuesday's Baator, I'd be oh so appreciative."

Ah heh heh. :D

Dark Jezter

First Post
fusangite said:
Ok -- here's another one people use constantly whose meaning I still can't nail down: munchkin.

That's because everybody has their own definition for Munchkin. For some people, a munchkin is a person who exploits every rule loophole they can find to make their character as powerful as possible. For other people, a munchkin is a person who looks at the game in terms of rules and number-crunching rather than roleplaying. While still others believe that a munchkin is anybody who perfers hack n' slash over deep-immersion roleplaying. In fact, some people who play other RPG systems consider anybody who plays D&D a childish munchkin who hasn't yet matured to the point where they'll move to a different system.

If you ask ten different RPG players for an exact definition of a munchkin, you'll get ten different answers.

Last edited:

Remove ads