EN World Mug Shots!

The_Warlock

Explorer
sedarfairy said:
why do I always feel like a chastised child on this website?

They (indeed, everyone) are just trying to maintain a sense of focus and expectation, even if it is Off-Topic. The community that polices itself, needs no police. :)

See you around...

sedarfairy said:
why do I always feel like a chastised child on this website?

I'm not trying to treat you or anyone on EN World like a child. I'm sorry if you thought my post had that intention. I only have a limited amount of time to spend browsing and posting on EN World. I would rather use that time to read and reply to threads about topics that interest me than skimming through 3 pages of posts of a conversation on totally different topic to the thread at hand.

Yes, I understand that this is the Off-Topic forum. And I also understand that sometimes things can get off topic for a handful of posts at a time. I don't have a problem with that. However, if you want to talk about something seperate to the topic at hand for 3 pages, why not just start a new thread for it? It only takes a couple of clicks and I think it is the polite thing to do. :)

In any case I'm now starting to be hypocritical by threadjacking this even more. Back to the original topic of the thread. Does anyone have any more photos of themselves to post?

Olaf the Stout

Nyaricus

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
I'm not trying to treat you or anyone on EN World like a child. I'm sorry if you thought my post had that intention. I only have a limited amount of time to spend browsing and posting on EN World. I would rather use that time to read and reply to threads about topics that interest me than skimming through 3 pages of posts of a conversation on totally different topic to the thread at hand.

Yes, I understand that this is the Off-Topic forum. And I also understand that sometimes things can get off topic for a handful of posts at a time. I don't have a problem with that. However, if you want to talk about something seperate to the topic at hand for 3 pages, why not just start a new thread for it? It only takes a couple of clicks and I think it is the polite thing to do. :)

In any case I'm now starting to be hypocritical by threadjacking this even more. Back to the original topic of the thread. Does anyone have any more photos of themselves to post?

Olaf the Stout
Y'know, I was just wondering how this thread got so long (I haven't checked it really since I started it) and I figured/feared it was sliding ever so off-topic.

I would really appreciate everyone who's posting to keep it (reasonably) on-topic. That's not 'chastising' anyone - that's asking people to be civil and keep things going smoothly for everyone; 'the community that polices itself, needs no police,' indeed.

thank you one and all for your consideration,
--N

NOW, back to the pictures!!!

Remove ads