• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World scientists...

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
... show yourselves! I know I've seen a number of people identify themselves as scientists in various threads, so let's make a list. ;) Feel free to say what you do, what stage in career you are (still in school, working in academia or industry, whatever).

I'll start: I'm a theoretical physicist concerned mostly with high-energy particle physics, gravitation, and cosmology. Currently I'm a postdoc, which, for those who aren't familiar with the terms of academia, is a sort of glorified internship after you do your PhD. It's something like how doctors perform a residency after med school, but the practice varies widely in different disciplines.

So, who else?

Lady of Pain

First Post
I lurk a lot but this topic interests me. I'm a scientist in the veterinary medicine field. I work mostly with hybridoma cells and cloning. Immunology is 70% of my work. The rest of the time I'm busy with the paratuberculosis study in domestic cattle.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Undergraduate student of physics. My goal: PhD, but I still have 2-1/2 years to go until I get my MSc.

"Hoping for more projects, less exams", LT.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Wow, big response already and an impressive group so far! :D

SJ: I wish you a lot of luck with Hep C. I know you don't need to be told, but that's really important work! I'm impressed!

Rev (still want to call you Fru!): Let me know if you want book recommendations or something, that's totally my field.

LT: :lol: Totally agree about the exams. Good luck with school, any idea what field you want to pursue?

Pbartender

First Post
BA in Physics, and halfway through an AAS in Electronics.

I'm an RF Technician (Practical Scientist? ;)) at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Pbartender said:
at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory.
Particle Accelerators, always been fascinated by those.

I Am Not a Scientist, though I wouldn't mind going into archeology after I've had some time to get financially back in shape before jumping fields. At least I'm close enough I wouldn't have to start from scratch.

Steve Jung

Explorer
freyar said:
Wow, big response already and an impressive group so far! :D

SJ: I wish you a lot of luck with Hep C. I know you don't need to be told, but that's really important work! I'm impressed!
Why thank you. Right now we're just testing gobs and gobs of compounds that our chemistry department pumps out.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm a physicist who figured out he could earn half again as much working for academia as working in academia.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads