En5ider FAQs

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And/or, would you expect more? Eg full race write-ups obviously, but something like a detailed monk school of fighting with info as well as the subclass features.

We would expect 2,000 words; an entire article. If you can turn something into a good 2000 word article, give it a shot.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I'm writing something for EN5ider, and find myself confused. The style guide says:

Make no mention of publisher names or game names. No copied or quoted text, excerpts, or
stat blocks. Certainly no use of trademarks, characters, or places. No reference to book titles.

What makes an EN5ider article different from a TrailSeeker article, given these constraints? Oblique references to game rules?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm writing something for EN5ider, and find myself confused. The style guide says:

What makes an EN5ider article different from a TrailSeeker article, given these constraints? Oblique references to game rules?

You're best off talking to your editor about that. That's what they're there for!

Sethvir

First Post
Now that the 5e SRD is out and Herolab now supports that, has there been any thought about having some of the articles converted to Herolab files?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's not something I've thought about, no. I wouldn't know where to begin, to be honest. Sounds like an awful lot of work!

Sethvir

First Post
It's not something I've thought about, no. I wouldn't know where to begin, to be honest. Sounds like an awful lot of work!

Let me rephrase this slightly then. Is there any restriction on building these files and deploying them through the 5E Community for Herolab? So for example, the king and country backgrounds. Anything that couldn't be used from the content? What if any is considered OGL or not?

I had already started building them out for using some of them in my games at home, and am now working with the 5E community group for HeroLab and mentioned that I had been building these out from the time that the 5e SRD version of Herolab came out.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Let me rephrase this slightly then. Is there any restriction on building these files and deploying them through the 5E Community for Herolab? So for example, the king and country backgrounds. Anything that couldn't be used from the content? What if any is considered OGL or not?

I had already started building them out for using some of them in my games at home, and am now working with the 5E community group for HeroLab and mentioned that I had been building these out from the time that the 5e SRD version of Herolab came out.

We're happy for you to do it. If you check a recent article, the OGL declaration is on the article. For earlier ones, all rules content is OGC. If in doubt about anything specific, just ask and we'll help out.

Note that copyright resides in the original author, not EN5ider, so non-OGC isn't something we have the power to sub-license. But if it's a stat block, feat, background, spell, item, all that stuff, that's OGC (in fact it has to be, since its derivative of the SRD).

If you do do it, I'd be grateful if you let us give them to EN5ider patrons.

Remove ads