enCHANCE your D&D game

weem

First Post
My co-worker ran across this error on the WoTC site today (I highlighted the image to showcase the error). It looks there was some confusion about whether their tools would allow you to enchant, or enhance your game. "Enchance" has now become the word of the day as we work it into things we are saying... yea... sounds really funny right? ...you have to be here I guess :p

Most of the people who work here (yea, I'm currently "working") play D&D, so we share a similar sense of humor and understand the RPG related jokes, etc.

Anyway, the point really isn't about the error, but rather - do you work with other RPG players as well? Can you openly joke/talk about gaming/rpg's etc with co-workers as they play too and understand what your are talking about, or are you the sole gamer at your workplace and therefor keep it to yourself?

---edit---

Link to the WoTC page where the header is used in case you are interested for whatever reason (I wonder when/if it will be changed)...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/insider

Last edited:

Merlin the Tuna

First Post
Side note: "Enchance Your Game" would be a great name for a column in Dragon about increasing variability in combat. Ye olde fumble chart, and whatnot.

withak

First Post
Yup -- I even game with one of my co-workers. There's a handful of people around that understand the hobby, and a handful that actively play.

weem

First Post
My group (some of whom are co-workers) keep asking me to make or find/use a fumble chart... maybe I will work on one tonight.

On a side note (mind if I do one as well Merlin?) - no problem Scott. The mistake wasn't a big deal or anything (to me at least), otherwise I would have notified someone over there. I even thought about it, but then thought... how anal will they think I am to bug them about such a small thing, heh.

It did however trigger many other events today at the office which lead to a very unproductive (but funny) day... I suppose we would have gone that route regardless... it was just one of those days ;)

DISCLAIMER: No fun was had at the expense of WoTC, their employees or their integrity as a whole. Our fun was derived primarily from high volumes of caffeine intake combined with very little sleep, and a dash of stupidity on the side. If you are still reading this I apologize and would encourage you to move on to a more productive thread... one about the new FRCS perhaps (no sarcasm intended... seriously, it looks cool).

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
I game with one of my co-workers, and most of what we say to one another either goes completely over our co-workers' heads, or isn't meant for sensitive ears. :D

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I have a single co-worker that also games (that would be randomling, for those that remember her) but she's off sick at the moment so I've no one to really geek with. Boo!

Adrift

First Post
None of my coworkers game. I have talked about DnD in my company Toastmasters club and am confident that any gamers would be unable to contain their desire to talk DnD if they did.

FungiMuncher

First Post
I'm a teacher, and in the 11 years I've been at my current building, there's been a grand total of one co-worker who even came close to the sub-culture that I enjoy. Unfortunately, he moved on to become an administrator at another building.

Around the time Gary Gygax died, the flag outside our building was flying at half mast. I made a comment about this in the lounge, ... and got blank stares in response. Grr. Apparently, a former governor died around the same time (not that I really expected the adjusted flag was for Mr. Gygax).

Now, I've had plenty of students who play. Having them discover I play too is always fun. Of course, the issue with the 'sensitive ears' is simply magnified when they're concerned. :(

weem

First Post
Great responses ;)

The room I work in has 4 people working in it (including myself), and 3 of us are gamers (2 of them play in my campaign) so as you can imagine it (D&D) comes up from time to time. The 4th guy has no idea what we are talking about but he doesn't care either, so...

@Adrift
I have talked about DnD in my company Toastmasters club and am confident that any gamers would be unable to contain their desire to talk DnD if they did.

This killed me, hehe - I was imagining you in the middle of a crowd saying something like... "Yea, so I was fighting Kobolds last night and I rolled three 1's in a row!..." followed by you looking around the room in anticipation, waiting for someone to chime in.

Remove ads