• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Encounter Critical (OOC)

Rondo

First Post
I've read through it for sure....no fear though, I seem to have the memory of a dead Frankenhobling these days, so I can keep my nose out of it, and I won't recall a thing...except the super cool Duckoid class....can I play a duckoid? Hadnn't rolled anything up yet, but wonderin'....

rackabello

First Post
Man, can I just PROMISE to be an honest dude and roll up my guy on a piece of paper using a pencil? I can't log into that other site, AND i'm already having problems in forty other ways.....i can post all my guys info. on here for you after i roll him...I hope so...i hate having to register with a buncha junk and deal with it....let me know, and I'll do as i'm told sho' nuff...

R

Another option to consider is having our JM make all the rolls. If that's feasible I actually prefer it for PbP games -- don't even need to see the online rollermatic dealio. What do you think, Journey Master?

(Call me Max, by the way. Should I call you Thrazar, or what?)

Rondo

First Post
I'm up for the JM rollin'...sounds fine with me...the power went out here in Hillbilly Idiot Holler a minute ago, so I got bored and rolled my guy up by candlelight. I swear on a stack of copies of [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The Beginning Was the End: Knowledge Can Be Eaten" that I did 'er all honestly. I ended up with a Pioneer bionic merc named "Pulsar Nebulon". He's a half human/half robodroid cyaborg. I rolled on the mutations (taking a chance) and rolled a "04" and then decided not to risk anymore: (armor piercing fists...jeez, I better hold!)...

I can redo all of this, or part of it...or I can show up my stats on here, Thrazar, jes let me know what we're going with here....I also have two questions for you:

1.) are you considering "Ranged Attack" from the % charts to be the same as "Missle Attack" on the character sheet (the Ross version)?
2.) Does the ESP saving throw subtraction effect only ESP based saves, or is that figured in on our list of "PERCENTILE ABILITIES" finito?
[/FONT]

Thrazar

First Post
Ok, to answer and respond-in no particular order--

Rondo- Pulsar Nebulon is ok post him up. I'll trust ya. If however you wish a duckoid you can sub that race in. Either way I want a character portrait.

Likewise, if anyone wants to go all retcon and be one of the three extra races in Asteroid 1618 (duckoid, hutt or cyclops) you may.

Regarding ranged attack, I am assuming it is the same as missile attack. If anyone has evidence to the contrary let me know.

Regarding ESP saves, I was also assuming that that was added as part of the regular saving throw.

I have no problem making all the die rolls.Considering that combat does involve alot of attacks and saving throws it can be cumbersome. It seems Invisible Castle is universally hated :) I just dont want to deprive you of all the fun of rolling dice...

Also, if EN World is too slow for you all, I can move this game to roleplay.net. It has a built in die roller, character sheets and a few other bells and whistles. The boards seem faster too. I've messed with creating a board-its named EC Online, although theres no content yet. I leave it up to you all where you wish to go.

Finally finally, I am going to change the outline of my adventure. So ignore my carefully crafted tease halfway through this thread. I have alot of ideas brewing. I'll probably even abandon my original Glory Hole Mine idea...although that makes me so sad.

And you can call me Thrazar..just because its so kewl.

Rondo

First Post
Gotcha, cap'n...I'll stick with my bionic human, Pulsar...he seems like he might play pretty well. I will most certainly post a portrait and full on character sheet here pretty quick (since you answered me questions, I'll get in there and finish up my character sheet). If we can go off the honesty system, I'd like to make my own rolls dice wise, I agree with the Thraz..that part is a lot of the fun of the game. I thought Mad Max was just referring to rolling up our characters.

Anyway, I'll go along with whatever you guys decide on everything, I'm just glad to get a chance to play, and thanks Thrazar for running it!!

Edsan

First Post
People have been busy posting I see...

Thrazar, I'm happy with Gorgo I want to play a Planetary Ape as I've never run a simian PC before and consider it a mighty flaw in my gamer's curriculum. :)

I have skimmed throug Asteroid 1618, I know about Duckoids, Boxers, that it originated from a planetary explosion (or something similar) and that there is some sort of funky teleporting pyramid floating around connected to some obscure pharaoh-figure. That's about it.

And Rondo, welcome to the fold. It's good to have with us. :D

Rondo

First Post
Thanks Edsan...look forward to playing with you guys. Mutant Future is nothing short of amazing, and is probably the system I'll be running once I burn out on EC...OR if I can switch back and forth at some point with my players! Either way, great game, and I think we'll have a lot of fun here.

So, you'll be running the Planetary Ape, Max is doin' up the Cave Wooky and I think I might just go with the STRAIGHT human...sorta a concieted Flash Gordon Buster Crabbe kinda dude. I may ditch the robodroid aspects today...re-work my character sheet.

Thrazar

First Post
Sorry for the delay, spent yesterday getting sunburned at a local amusement park. I actualy posted a long reply at 6 this am but EN World ate it.

And I forgot to say it but welcome Rondo!

I like the new Tic Tac-now travel size!

Ok so when Pulsar is posted, I guess we'll get going. I have changed the adventure - Im setting near the land of the Ape Sultans and repurposing a Dungeon Crawl Classic module for gonzo fun. This adventure should include an Ape village, Funfair Nomads, an evil Cult(what else kind is there?) Killer Klowns, and a giant space creature.

The only material I will steal from Asteroid 1618 are the monsters and the scare rules for your weapons. I can post the scare rules for your convenience a bit later.

Regarding rolling, Im thinking of using this google app http://rollr.appspot.com/ You need to sign into google to keep a log but it seems faster and a bit easier to use. Its not that Im a stickler for these kinds of things but I thing rolling bones is part of the fun, whether its for skills or combat. And it keeps me from having to roll alot of die for you.Id like your opinions.

Regarding combat Im leaning toward the following. I will roll for initiative. Each player will roll attack, damage, armor save and regular save all at the same time. This will save time and keep fights from bogging down. Here for instance is my die log http://rollr.appspot.com/my/rolls/

Anyways, opinions are appreciated. I look forward to beginning.

Remove ads