Encounters with the Supernatural

Caliber

Explorer
Majin said:
Possibly. Were you one of the divers or just observing from some place? In my experiences it is always been me personally in that situation. Feel free to e-mail me personally. I'd like to know more about what you dreamt and what sensations you felt waking up and after you were fully awake. Anyone else with their own stories can e-mail me as well if you'd like to talk more about this. I know I would!

Hrm. Okay, I'll try to give you as many details as I can. Let me preface that though with the fact that this happened well over a decade ago, so some details are pretty fuzzy.

The first thing I remember lucidly (as in my first conscious moment) was of the divers. There were two of them and they were swimming downwards. I very well could have been one of them (and simply watching from outside my body ... I've done that before) or alternatively could have been another diver swimming with them.

Then there were aliens there (very similar in look to Sahaguin from DnD) who captured the divers in a net and dragged them down. By now I was defintely a diver as I remember being caught in the net and freaking out.

Obviously this dream was really a nightmare, and by now I would have woken up. In fact, its roughly around this point I realize it IS a dream.

So I try to wake myself up (who wants to sit through a nightmare right?) I try to open my eyes, and I kind of ... "lose focus" I guess is the best way to put it. I stop existing (or at least experiencing) the dream, and instead see only darkness, as if my eyes were closed (which they were)

I try to force them open but they refuse to go. I struggle with it until I get tired, and reluctantly go back to the dream.

Now at this point, I know its a dream. Nonetheless I find myself getting scared witless as the nightmare progresses. I try to wake myself up a few more times but with similar success.

The dream progresses and eventually I DO wake up. I can't remember if it was through my own efforts or if the dream ended on its own. Anyway, lets just say that I remember this nightmare for two reasons. One is its the only lucid dream I've ever had. And two, its one of the scariest dreams I've ever had.

I woke up terrified, with my heart racing. Helped ya out?

Majin

First Post
I think so Caliber, that sounds almost exactly like what I experience when I have these dreams, although you are lucky and have only experienced it once. As I said in my other posts this stuff happens to me many times a month. It gets to be quite frustrating and as you mentioned very tiresome. The pressure I feel when I get the trapped sensation may be escalated by the panic really. It's almost like a tightness in my chest mixed with some kind of heavy mental pain when trying to force my eyes open.

I think the part of your post that hit home the most was when you talked about your dream going in and out of focus. I neglected to mention that in my post as something that happens a lot as well when this happens. I fight to open my eyes and I nearly do and the dream may fade to black and then through straining myself to open my eyes it will get to much and I will fall back into the dream, which I don't need to tell you is a very uncomfortable and hopeless feeling. When experiencing that though it almost seems like an OOB experience and I was wondering if it could have some kind of relation. I don't dream often and it seems that lately this problem has been happening more often then I just have regular dreams that I wake up from, nightmares or not. But it is comforting to know that someone at least experienced something similar, I'd just like to know what it actually is since it happens to me quite often. I wonder if it's a documented occurance?

TheBadElf

First Post
Hmm...might as well contribute my little bit to the Thread that Won't Die...

My wife has quite an effect on electrical systems. When she's upset, lightbulbs frequently blow out. She can't be around computers when she's in a bad mood; I've seen things happen ranging from system reboots (when no one was touching the machine) to a hard drive failing. She hasn't ever done the streetlight thing, though. I keep trying to convince her to apply to the CIA for training; she could get a cool costume and be America's secret weapon against Evil Robots...

Oni

First Post
I'm not sure whether to be sad or glad I've never seen or experienced anything remotely like what has been recorded in this thread.

Shoot my father made his living as a psychic traveling and doing readings when I was a child, everyone one in my family has odd stories about various supernatural occurances. Me? Nothing. I've never seen one thing in my life like that. What the heck, it's like everyone ones in some cool club and I can't join. Razza Frazza....

Krieg

First Post
TheBadElf said:
She can't be around computers when she's in a bad mood; I've seen things happen ranging from system reboots (when no one was touching the machine) to a hard drive failing.

It's called Windows.

Kesh

First Post
Just as a minor update, now that the time changed, I was out and walking home last night in the dark.

Wouldn't ya know it. A street lamp turned off as I approached.

I was walking up the street, with a parking lot on either side of the road. And only the lamp nearest me turned off, and it turned off when I was a good 10-20 yards away still.

Hammerhead

Explorer
You know, this thread is really freaking me out. I used to not believe in this ghost junk, but then, during my Junior year in high school, I learned that the Exorcist movie was real. I met one of the guys who was there, and found out about the creepy Legion spirit and everything.

I wouldn't say I've ever had a supernatural experience. No UFOs, no ghosts, no anything. But then, there is a really weird experience. One night, I awoke to splitting headaches that consumed me. I coulnd't move I was in so much pain. I could feel some kind of prescence trying to take over, at least as far as I can remember. Fortunately, I'm a lot tougher mentally than physically, and I fought back, mentally shouting "I am (my name)! I'm not going to lose myself!" Pretty freaky, looking back on it. Why did I think someone was taking over me? Any other experiences with this?

If supernatural stuff began happening to me, I'd really get some kind of firearm with blessed bullets and a crucifix (or your religious item of choice).

Victim

First Post
Hammerhead said:
I wouldn't say I've ever had a supernatural experience. No UFOs, no ghosts, no anything. But then, there is a really weird experience. One night, I awoke to splitting headaches that consumed me. I coulnd't move I was in so much pain. I could feel some kind of prescence trying to take over, at least as far as I can remember. Fortunately, I'm a lot tougher mentally than physically, and I fought back, mentally shouting "I am (my name)! I'm not going to lose myself!" Pretty freaky, looking back on it. Why did I think someone was taking over me? Any other experiences with this?

If supernatural stuff began happening to me, I'd really get some kind of firearm with blessed bullets and a crucifix (or your religious item of choice).

That sounds like the whole sleep paralysis thing, but without any visuals. Your brain's FX department is poor it can't even generate shadow people.

Hammerhead

Explorer
But do those usually occur with splitting headaches that occur even while awake and me getting up to take some Excedrin as well? I don't think this experience was really supernatural, just me being delusional, but you never know...

Any so-called supernatural experiences Victim?

Remove ads