Endur's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

The mercenary grins for a moment, then stands up, stretches his muscles and takes up his sword and shield. "Those wonderful Barovian nights... Vampires, worgs and all kind of undead, according to the local peasants. A mad burgomaster surely lusting for his lost concubine. I have seen worse." He grins again.

"Well, friends of slaughter and laughter, I am ready if you are!"

Pyrex

First Post
Stopping off at the bar to get his mug refilled at the behest of the messenger, Nikolai walks over to where the others are gathered around the parchment and picks it up to have a look.

Hoisting his glass in salute, Nikolai introduces himself "Good to meet you all; my name is Nikolai, and if you'd not mind my company I'd travel to Barovia with you in the morning."

Dirk

First Post
Rick stands up slowly and readjusts his armor. Taking his now empty mug over to the table to see the people who are answering the letters call.

"Good eye half-orc, I too noticed the large sum of gold. I'm currently without occupation and low on funds. I could use some gold to line my pocket. I'm Rick Swordhand, mercenary or sorts. I'm ready to make some gold when you all are."

Rick takes a seat and reads over the letter. Then signals for a waitress for one of those free ales the letter carrier payed for.

Rhun

First Post
The half-orc downs another mug of ale, and looks over the gathering with eyes like cold granite. He smiles toothily. "I Skorl Darkskull. We take walk to Barovia. Kill bad things. Get paid."

Pyrex

First Post
Nikolai grins, sliding his mug towards the other empties for the waitress to refill. "I believe our tall, dark and succinct compatriot of ours has the right of it."

Voadam

Legend
A man in a dark green cloak in the corner pushes back his hood. The slightly pointed ears reveal he holds more than a little elven blood in his veins. He does not look old but white streaks his hair and parts of his skin are palely discolored. It is as if he has suffered frostbite in the past, although the patterns are suggestive of claw marks. "I know the forest wolves that run through the night. My name is Jack Morrow, I'm a hunter." He indicates the unkempt elven woman at the table next to him "This is Willow. We are both familiar with woodlore and the dangers that run under the moon." Both seem to have lived rough lives in the wilderness. Jack's bow leaning against the wall behind his seat looks to be of excellent quality though.

Dirk

First Post
Rick stands and reaches his arm out to the Jack.

"Always good to have someone who knows the local terrain. Would you and your friend be joining us in what out orcish friend so elagantly put earlier as walking and killing on our way to Barovia?"

Rick nods at Willow and takes his seat again. If Jack accepts Rick asks him to join him at the table.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Cedric nods his greetings to those joining the merry little gathering at the table. He looks around at the faces of his soon to be companions. He finishes with his eyes on the man in the green cloak.

"Well you and your friend there make six, a goodly number. But never let it be said that I was not one to share."

With that he turns to look at the rest of the tavern's crowd.

"Any of the rest of you want to come along? A refreshing walk. A little bit of excitement. Should be great fun."

Dirk

First Post
Rick stands aside the cleric and says in a merry voice.
"Yes, all the more to help us fight."

Then his voices deepens and becomes serious
"But I warn you carry your own weight or be cast aside. No room for the weak."

Sitting down and addressing the group.
"Might I suggest we leave at first light, should go easier that way."

Rick then sits back and sips on his newly arrived free ale listening to the conversations and tring to catagorize his new companions in his mind.

Voadam

Legend
Dirk said:
Rick stands and reaches his arm out to the Jack.

"Always good to have someone who knows the local terrain. Would you and your friend be joining us in what out orcish friend so elagantly put earlier as walking and killing on our way to Barovia?"

Rick nods at Willow and takes his seat again. If Jack accepts Rick asks him to join him at the table.

Jack grips Rick's arm in greeting and nods his head. Jack pulls up two chairs. One for himself and one for Willow.

Remove ads