Energy Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

orsal

LEW Judge
GnomeWorks said:
I think that any use of this metamagic feat should result in at least a 1 level increase in the spell's effective spell level.

I agree with this, and also agree with Velmont that force should not be considered an energy type.

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
There is, but not in the SRD, a metamagic feat equivalent to it: Energy Substitution.
Divine Feats and Abilities. ;) But i believe it is still the old version, with sonic, which is why I would be leery to allow it.

SlagMortar

First Post
Changed so that Cold and Fire also take a 1 level increase. Now the minimum to use this feat is a one level increase. Electricity, acid, and sonic all remain the same.

Velmont

First Post
Because of the versatility of the feat, having a +1 level seems ok. Keeping the +2 to sonic is good too because it is always a good bet to take if you don't know the creature resistance. Now it seems fine, and an Archmage with this feat would have interest to take the Energy Mastery ability of the class.

Bront

The man with the probe
Interesting. I like it. Flexable, balanced, flavorful, and useful. Indeed, a Sorcerer with this is significantly more flexable.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
With force removed as an energy type and the minimum level increase bumped up to +1, I give this feat my Approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads