• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

English-Elvish-English Language Translations: Requests Welcome

Kemrain

First Post
The floating disk full of eels made me laugh so hard that I had to fend off coworkers... The "Dish full of long fish" response made my boss turn her head, as I shouted "It rhymes, oh God!" in a fit of hysterics. You've probably taken years off my life. I love you. *Grin!*

On a more serious note..

I'd love some translations; a word for someone of human and demonic blood, though not someone reviled, someone pitied. "Twice Damned." "Darknight." "Gale and Gust." "Demonic Wind." "Wronged Soul." A term in elvish that would be used like we say "Inhuman." "Damned-Bane," as in "The Bane of the Damned." Cursed can be substituted for Damned.

If you can help me out with those, I'd be quite grateful.

- Kemrain the "Nothing's funny!"

Angcuru

First Post
fourthmensch said:
A friend of mine would like to know the elvish word for "benevolence." Any ideas?
Benevolence, eh?

Onalya - Rich Gift
oh-nahl-yah

that's really the only thing I can get for you. none of my resources have elvish words for kindness, act, action, tendency, or the like.

Angcuru

First Post
Kemrain said:
The floating disk full of eels made me laugh so hard that I had to fend off coworkers... The "Dish full of long fish" response made my boss turn her head, as I shouted "It rhymes, oh God!" in a fit of hysterics. You've probably taken years off my life. I love you. *Grin!*

On a more serious note..
Well, that must have been surreal. :p

Kemrain said:
- Kemrain the "Nothing's funny!"
Oh really?

Attaluume'iumartemple - Two Times Cursed
aht-ta-loo-may-ee-oo-mahr-tem-pluh

Moriohtar - Dark Warrior
mohr-ee-oh-tar

Attasule - Two Winds / Twin Winds (for gale and gust)
ah-tah-soo-lay

Sulrauko - Demonic Wind
sool-raow-koh

Umraikefea - Wronged Spirit
oom-rah-ee-kay-fee-ay

What exactly would you mean by an elvish equivalent of inhuman? In-elven? or an elvish term for inhuman?

Umartemple-Dagnir - Damned-Bane
oo-mahr-tehm-play dag-neer

Last edited:

Kemrain

First Post
Angcuru said:
What exactly would you mean by an elvish equivalent of inhuman? In-elven? or an elvish term for inhuman?
In-Elven, would be what I'm looking for. Something so abomnitable that it loses what makes it elven.

Moriohtar - Dark Warrior
mohr-ee-oh-tar
That works, I like the length, but I was looking for Dark Night, more than Dark Knight. The similarity exists in English, but I was hoping to see Dark Night in Elvish.

Many thanks, Angcuru. It is a lovely service you offer to the community.

- Kemrain the Appreciative.

Oh, and I mean "Nothing's Funny" as in, what you say to someone who asks "what's so funny?", but would NEVER get the joke.

Angcuru

First Post
Kemrain said:
In-Elven, would be what I'm looking for. Something so abomnitable that it loses what makes it elven.

That works, I like the length, but I was looking for Dark Night, more than Dark Knight. The similarity exists in English, but I was hoping to see Dark Night in Elvish.
Ah, O.K. then.

N'edhel - In-Elven / Not Elven
neh-thel (soft 'th')

Moridome - Dark Night
more-ee-doh-may

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads