• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENnie Nominations!

spacecrime.com

First Post
I just wanted to say, "WOW WOW WOW WOW!" I had no idea that <i>Dynasties</i> was going to be nominated, and when I see all the great stuff that's also been nominated... WOW WOW WOW WOW!

wow,

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Kid Charlemagne said:

Oh, the shame! Wulf Ratbane, ENWorld's favorite dwarf, gets nominated twice - for a book about elves!

Well, I was pulling the other judges toward his Half-Orc book (though I'm not sure this wouldn't have been equally bad or worse from a dwarven perspective:))

Last edited:

jaldaen

First Post
I just wanted to send out a big thanks to the judges for all the hard work they did to narrow the field down and... for choosing the Monsternomicon as one of the nominations!

I can't tell you how it feels to see my name listed among the nominees... its been a great year for me and its only getting better ;-)

Thanks!
Joseph Miller
PP Wordsmith (for the ENnie nominated Monsternomicon... Woot!)

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
Morrus said:

It's going to work differently this year. People will be "rating" each product out of 10 in each category, and selecting "Don't Know" for a product they are not familiar with.

I think it's great that you're using a new voting system for fans so that products that are good quality, but not necessarily well-known, can still win. Often times the most widely sold products win awards, simply because more people are familiar with them. The rating system is better, IMHO. :)

Oh yeah and congratulations to all the nominees! This is a wonderful list of products. I imagine the nomination committee had to make some really hard decisions because there was so much excellent stuff coming out this year. Well, they did a great job! :)

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Forgive the thread hijack, but since all the Ennies people are paying attention, I figured I'd shoot a question their way.

I was under the impression that last year's winners would receive some kind of a trophy (like the one at the show last year) in the mail or something. Was I mistaken?

Danke,

Erik

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Morrus said:
It's going to work differently this year. People will be "rating" each product out of 10 in each category, and selecting "Don't Know" for a product they are not familiar with.

This seems like an excellent idea.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Erik Mona said:
Forgive the thread hijack, but since all the Ennies people are paying attention, I figured I'd shoot a question their way.

I was under the impression that last year's winners would receive some kind of a trophy (like the one at the show last year) in the mail or something. Was I mistaken?

They were - the trophies never appeared, which is why I'm using someone else this year. This time, they will all be ready *before* the ceremony -- last year, all I ever saw were two prototypes. :(

Havilor

First Post
A Big Thank You to the judges for the nomination of From Stone to Steel. I'd just made the decision to go and promote my book, and now you've given me a second reason to be there. This means a lot to an industry newcomer who put a year, not to mention his heart and soul, into this book.

Remove ads