• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENnies 2002 Judges Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatekeeper-DE

First Post
Hands Up for Germany

Hi,

most of you will not know me, but I was a registered member (mostly reading) of the old boards and supply d20reviews.com with regular news from good old germany (the third world of roleplaying).

I am the webmaster and editor in charge of the RPG Gate (http://www.rpg-gate.de), the biggest german language d20 and D&D page. Besides reviews of d20 and D&D products we offer some translations of english material supplied by our partner sites (D&D Adventures, The Netbook of Feats Council, EN World, ...) and other game relevant information (Adventures, new Creatures, ...).

I wrote articles concerning D&D and d20 for five of the six bigest german roleplaying gaming magazines, including the german Dragon Magazine and translated some D&D webmaterial for the german publisher of D&D 3E - Amigo Spiele - . I play roleplaying games for than 13 years - mostly D&D, AD&D and 3E. I DM most of the time and know and own more than 20 other systems.

I am 28 years old, studied Information Technologies in Dortmund, and work for a german software company (in the Content Management Sector).

I would be most honored to represent germany in the Ennies Judges Council and my grasp of the d20 Market and the available products will surely come in handy. I am pretty sure that I already know most of the nominated products, so I will have no problem in doing my part of this job. As another benefit I will be able to get an article about the Ennies and the Winners printed in more than one gaming magazine in germany - thus spreading the glory and fame of ENWorld, the ENNIES and the biggest d20 gamers community around the globe.

Thanks,
Daniel Heymann

Last edited:

Valavien

First Post
Hi all,

I would like to nominate myself as well, to add another Aussie to the ranks. I have been playing several different games over twenty years. D&D, Cyberpunk, Paladium, Rune Quest, Star Wars, Vampire, Mage etc

One of the subjects I am taking at university this year is Great Books, where we do a lot of reading and analysis. The Odyssey, Beowulf etc

In the last six months I have been editing the Alfa Romeo Owner's club of Australia - Queensland Division's monthly magazine. This is a 20-30 page pdf file that I put together for the club for a bit of fun. So I don't have anything to do with D20 but my experience with this low key magazine would be a great asset to reviewing the provided D20 products.

The only game I am currently playing in at the moment is an Oriental Adventures game where at the end of the module we just finished, we got our butts kicked by a really nasty mid wife - but at least we all lived - barely!

My partner is also interested in gaming and she has just finished a law degree and is now working at a law firm and studying a masters level degree. So together we could be quite an analytical team!

Most of all I LOVE GAMING!!

Valavien

Last edited:

jester47

First Post
Why you should make me an ennie judge.

1. My background. I have played role playing games since the age of 8 (thats 17 years, started 1985). I am familiar with old systems and old worlds. You name it I have probably played it. 50% chance that I have actually bought it. I wound up DMing because no one else would, and that seems to be the general trend to this day. March 29 is my 1 year aniversery in the RPGA. (I finally joined because of LG)

2. I am technical writer by trade. I look at documents for clarity and ease of use for a job.

3. I am currently unemployed (as a tech writer). I work in a MAIL ROOM in the mornings to pay the bills and have all afternoon to do nothing. Ussually I spend it on stuff for D&D. I have lots of time and the means to send lots of packages should you need my services.

4. I am extremely picky on my D20 purchases. Have have spent 2 hours looking over some product at the game store (ask the guys at Wonder Worlds) and then decided not to buy it because my eyes could not take the formatting, I figured I could do it myself, or judged that I would only use it a little bit.

5. I am no way associated with any RPG company. [ok, I have written a scenario for the RPGA, but they have not paid me yet.]

6. I have been a member of this community for quite some time (early Eric Noah Days)[largely in the conversion section] and have tried to help out on conversions of ToEE, and am helping to lead the conversion of RttToH. I am currently plugging away at a conversion of Rahasia (and have been for about a year, work and school was getting in the way, go figure!)

7. I am 25 years of age, and I hold a degree in history, with minors in computer science and medieval studies. I have worked in the software industry as a QA tester and tech writer. My hobbies include hiking, sports, rowing, and of course roleplaying.

Oh and I live in the US, Seattle to be precise, so I can go up to some publishers and say "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!" Just kidding...

Aaron Webb

Last edited:

kingpaul

First Post
To be an ENnie judge

1. I have been playing D&D (in various incarnations) since 1980.
2. I have been playing other forms of RPGs since the late 80s (BattleTech, ShadowRun, Twilight 2k, EarthDawn, Robotech, all World of Darkness products, Aberrant, etc.)
3. I am a US citizen/resident (Erie, PA, USA)
4. I am a member of the Fantasy Netbook Community Council (although my leadership positions there might disqualify me, who knows).
5. I am 28 years of age, with a BSEE (minors in history, mathematics and philosophy), a thesis away from the MSEE (concentrating on software development) and 3 classes away from my MBA {any gaming companies that need this kind of person? :D }

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads