[ENnies] 2012 Call for Booth Volunteers!

reveal

Adventurer
We need you!

What for?

We need volunteers for the ENnies booth at Gen Con this year. I know it’s really early to think about Gen Con, but we want to give people plenty of time to work out their schedule between now and event registration in May.

How long will it take?

Each shift is two hours and we like to have two people at the booth for each shift. When scheduling your time, please plan to show up 10 minutes before your shift starts.

What do I have to do?

You’ll answer questions from passers-by about the ENnies. Information about when the ceremony is, who the judges are, who the nominees are, how the winners are chosen, etc. will be sent out before Gen Con and will be available in a book at the booth.

If publishers want to drop off materials for next year’s ENnies, you’ll have them fill out a form and give them a receipt.

You also have to make sure nothing is taken from the booth, especially on Saturday and Sunday, after the ENnie winners are announced Friday night.

What’s in it for me?

If the good feeling you’ll get knowing you’ve helped fellow gamers isn’t enough, we’ve got swag bags for all volunteers.

Where do I sign up?

Right here! Just respond to this post to let us know which shift you’d like to work. You can also e-mail Sandie Law, the Volunteer Coordinator, at booth[MENTION=25773]EN[/MENTION]nie-awards.com.

Where can I see the current list of volunteers and the schedule?

Right here! Click this link to view the schedule and the current volunteers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtGCQhHRRCgqdHNKRWV6XzhLNDR4V1NhT3RNel9EZkE

FunkBGR

Explorer
As someone who's volunteered for this for the past couple years, I just wanted to point out that this is a fantastic opportunity to dive in and meet people at GenCon. Not only are you helping out the ENnies, but you work the booth with someone, and members of the EnWorld and Circvs communities always drop by to say hi. It's very low pressure, a great experience, and I highly recommend it!

Unfortunately, I just moved, and my GenCon status is in flux, so I can't commit right now except in spirit. But as soon as I know I'm going for sure, I'll sign right up!

MrsFickleGM

Explorer
Love to sign up, as I've volunteered the last few years. However, not sure what days we'll be at gencon this year, but as soon as we figure stuff out I'll be sure to put booth duty on the to-do list. :)

Alan Shutko

Explorer
This is a great experience. Last year I signed up with Thunderfoot and it was two hours well spent.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to gencon this year, but I'll be signing up again next time I go, probably next year.

This is a great experience. Last year I signed up with Thunderfoot and it was two hours well spent.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to gencon this year, but I'll be signing up again next time I go, probably next year.
Darn, we'll miss you at the booth and at True Dungeon. Hope to see you in at future cons.

blindrage

Raging blindly since 1969
Opps. Those slots are full. Umm the Thursday 2pm slot is still open right? I will take that one.

Last edited:

Remove ads