Entangle

Justin

Explorer
What would happen if Entangle were cast on an area that already was under the effects of an Entangle spell? If cast by opposing Druids (or characters with scrolls, etc.), could one wrest control of the plants away from the other, or would it merely affect duration? And if so, who could dismiss?

A Druid could be caught in her own Entangle, correct? It would be rather embarrassing for a her to get caught in plants, whether of her own making or someone else's. Is there any way for a her to avoid or counter this?

Nail

First Post
Fortunately, the answer is straight-forward: Neither druid controls the Entangle. The spell doesn't allow control at all. So.......ANY druid (caster or no) would be caught in the spell.

The areas overlap, not stack.

Justin

Explorer
Ok, so that means two Entangles are in effect? So if I cast mine second and then dismiss it, that would not affect the first Entangle?

And I thought I was being clever. :heh:

Nail

First Post
Justin said:
So if I cast mine second and then dismiss it, that would not affect the first Entangle?
Correct.

Where you have to be careful about overlaping Entangles are when the Ref save DCs are different. I assume you would use the higher DC against any poor creature in the "overlap" AoE. You certainly would not roll two saves, regardless.

Last edited:

Remove ads