Enterprise 01-16-02 episode

Acmite

First Post
Grrrrrr.....Gorn Strong

In the episode "Arena" Kirk and an alien captain are sent to a planet's surface by a supremely powerful race so that Kirk and the Gorn can settle their dispute through solo-combat.

The Gorn are a lizard-like species (kinda like Trandoshans from Star Wars) and are considerably stronger than humans, although less dextrous (Str +2, Dex -4?). They are supposed to be as intelligent as humans, but that is not really shown in the episode.

Kirk and the Gorn are told that all the weapons they need can be found or made on the planet, although the Gorn already has a knife since it is part of his uniform.

They fight thgroughout the whole episode. Kirk mananges to build a bazooka (I'm not kidding!) out of a bamboo chute, potassium nitrate, sulphur, and coal with fist-sized diamonds as the "bullets". The gorn drops plaster boulders on Kirk from the tops of hills.

Whoever survives gets to leave the system intact, whoever loses (dies) gets destroyed by the super aliens. Gorn tries to Kill Kirk, Kirk wins but doesn't kill the Gorn and demands that the aliens let both their ships go.

Oh, and Kirk recoreded logs on what he thought was a voice recorder, but was in fact a communication device, so the gorn knew most of what he planned.

I haven't seen this episode in more than 5 years, so some of the details may be a wee bit off.

Note: DON'T EVER PRESS THE ESC KEY WHILE TYPING A RESPONSE! I did it by accident, and had to retype everything past the ubb tag.

Acmite

Remove ads