• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Cinematic (Recruiting)

Albedo

First Post
Avalon® said:
Albedo, I'd like to move forward with my Binder concept.

Would you allow it's epic progression, epic feats and epic vestiges found here?

I can't read any of that info, I don't have a d&d insider account.

Albedo

First Post
Vertexx69 said:
There is another Permanency list in Savage Species (p.60) that adds 20 extra spells presented there to the existing list.

Now we are getting somewhere. Since there is list I will allow it. This is why the page numbers thing is important. I might not be able to find specific pieces of relevant data. Thanks for the update.

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright, First draft of Bodin, the Exalted redeemed villain:
[sblock=Bodin]
Bodin'al, "The Wrath of Purity"
Human Male Barbarian1/Fighter1/Cleric1/Forsaker15/Frenzied Berserker 10/Monk2
{LVL 20: Barbarian1/Fighter1/Cleric1/Forsaker10/Frenzied Berserker 7}
AL: Neutral Good HT: 5'8" WT: 150 Hair: Silver Dreadlocks Eyes: Red

STR: 30 (+10) [17 base +5 inherent +8 enhancement]
DEX: 28 (+9) [17 base +5 inherent +6 enhancement]
CON: 34 (+12) [18 base +5 inherent + 10 enhancement + 1 level]
INT: 20 (+5) [11 base +5 inherent +4 enhancement]
WIS: 56 (+23) [18 base +5 inherent +15 Forsaker + 6 level + 12 enhancement]
CHA: 16 (+5) [9 base +5 inherent +2 enhancement]

HP: 2977 (21d12+1d10+3d8+(3d12X2)+324x5)

AC: 77 (10 base + 9 dex + 23 wis + 5 deflection +16 natural armour + 14 armour)
FF: 68 Touch: 47
Saves:
FORT: +42 (18 base +12 con +5 resist +2 feat +5 epic)
REF: +26 (5 base +9 dex +5 resist +2 feat +5 epic)
WILL: +46 (11 base +23 wis +5 resist +2 feat +5 epic)
Speed: 60/120 fly (X15=900/1800 fly)
Init: +9

Bab: 19 (+5 epic)
Attacks: 19 base +5 epic + 23 Wis+8 Exalted=55
Staff: 55/50/45/40; 1d6+23
Frenzy: +60/60/55/50/45; 1d6+30
Rage/Frenzy: 62/62/57/52/47; 1d6+33
Power atack: -1atk/+4damage (Max -19/+76)
Leap Attack: X3 power attack damage on charge. (-1 atk=+12, Max-19/+228)
Flurry: -2, 1 extra attack
Full Leaping Power Attack Rage/Frenzy: +45, 1d6+261

Skills(Total/Ranks):[154 Points/Max rank 33]
Tumble (+34/25), Sense Motive(+56/33), Spot(+56/33), 63 more points

*-2 charisma checks (-6 from grafts,+2 from nymph's kiss, +2 Nimbus of Light)

Feats: [8] Iron Will, Great Fortitude, Leap Attack, Cleave, Intimidating Rage, Destructive Rage, Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty(lvl 18),

Exalted: [6] Nymph's Kiss(+13 skill points), Intuitive Attack, Righteous Wrath, Nimbus of Light, 1 more

Epic Feats: [5] Fast Heal, Spectral Strike, 3 more

Bonus Feats: Stunning Fist[Fort DC 50, 8/day](Monk), Deflect arrows(Monk), Lightning Reflexes(Cleric), Power Attack(Fighter)

Special Features: Domains (Drow, Pride), Rage 1/day, Frenzy 5/day, Tough defense(con to ac), SR 26, Slippery mind, Natural Weapon(Weapon wielded overcomes DR: Good, Evil, Magic, Epic), Exalted AC bonus(+14), Exalted Strike(+8), Deflection(+5), Resistance(+5), DR 15/Evil, Natural Armour (Con mod +4=16) , Endure Elements, Greater Sustenance (No need to eat, drink, or breath), Mind Shielding, Freedom of Movement, True Seeing, Energy Resistance 25(Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic), 6 Bonus Exalted feats, Turn Undead (8/day), Rage(1/day), Fast Move, Supreme Power Attack, Greater Frenzy(5/day), Tireless Frenzy, Deathless Frenzy, Inspire Frenzy(3/day), Diehard

Languages: Common

Equipment: None/Special(see below)
Before he joined the ranks of the virtuous, Bodin was a powerful servant of evil, and was bestowed fiendish grafts as gifts from his demonic overlords. He now uses the powers granted by these to fight against the evil, and every day fights an internal battle against the evils within him. Also, prior to taking the Vow of Poverty, he read one of each +5 tome.

Read Books: Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis+5
Received Fiendish Grafts:
2X Fast Legs (+20 Movement)
Membranous Wings (Fly at double land speed, fire/cold resist 10)
Fiendish Skin (+1 natural armour)[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
Whoah...I think that my PG is going to be underpowered, compared to that build. But to say the truth, I have no desire to overly optimize him. I will post the draft tomorrow.

Jemal

Adventurer
nightbreeze - If your character's underpowered now, then he always was, it has nothing to do with anybody elses character. Unless Albedo's the kinda DM who decides "The enemy's Attack Bonus is X b/c that's what he needs to hit the highest AC amongst the PC's, and his AC is X b/c that means the highest attack bonus needs a 15 to hit him", then it doesn't really matter. (And if he is, then the only character that DOES matter is the strongest, and everyone else will be rolling for 20's regardless of how weak/powerful they are.)

So either way, saying your character's underpowered b/c of another character is rather pointless. If you thought he could contribute before seeing the other characters, then he should still be able to. If you didn't, then you wouldn't have made him.

But none of that really matters in a campaign like this where it was stated we be gaining substantial circumstantial bonuses based on posting style and description. That means that the best writer will likely be the one setting the power curve.

If people dislike this concept, I can always switch to a paragon halfling with a 3-digit AC. :D

Shayuri

First Post
Hee

Despite having bowed out, I do have opinions on this.

Jemal has a point...but I don't agree that all PC's in a party are to be measured in isolation. When a GM designs an encounter, if there are stark, deep differences in character ability, that makes it tricky. If one PC has an AC of 100, attack bonus of 60 and does 80 damage per hit, and the other PC's have ACs of 50, attack bonuses of 40 and do 30 damage per hit, then there's a problem.

The encounters that challenge most PC's will be utterly incapable of challenging the other. Encounters that challenge him will instantly annihilate the others. That's not to say it can't be done...it just makes encounter design, already difficult at these levels, that much harder.

And I want to make it clear that in no way should this be construed as an attack on anyone for making the character they want to play. Frankly, Jemal's build...while good...is not even CLOSE to as optimized as one could be with these starting conditions. When you have PC's with 90 points, 1 for 1, access to all Wizards books, and a vast HP multiple...you will get characters like this. It's all but inevitable.

That's one reason I opted out. It's too much, even for me. :)

Edit - Oh, and I think the solution to the problem, from the PC side of things, is not to censure the "strong" character, but to get advice on builds to bring the party into parity.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Albedo said:
k, I don't know where some of these invokations you got are from. I can't approve them until I find them, hence, book and page numbers please.
Added book and page number to any invocation not from Comp Arcane.

Remove ads