• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Level Speculation

sylvyr

First Post
Curious,

Are epic levels for only 20th single classed chars or 10th level Prc chars? Cause that's kinda mean, to penalize because someone took some other levels.... I will have a 1/2/12/5 char at level 20, and if I don't get epic stuff, why would I even buy the book? And there are several other people I know that will be in the same boat.

---Sylvyr

Crothian

First Post
There are rules for expanding the classes beyond the 10 or 20 level limit. But, there are going to be epic feats that any one with about 20 total levels should be able to take advantage of. THere will also be rules for skill use with DC of 50+. So, again it's total level that will determine how usefule those abilities are.

sylvyr

First Post
Cool...

Thanks,

I have/had a very mean DM, one of those that doesn't like any char getting any kind of advantage/ability. He had the whole group convinced that if you weren't 20th level of a core class that there was no way we could get epic abilities. Needles to say I don't play with that DM anymore.

---Sylvyr

kreynolds

First Post
Nope. They work for everybody. Though it depends on how you are built.

Whoops. Posted twice for some reason...

Last edited:

graydoom

First Post
Crothian and kreynolds are right. Though some of the benefits work differently, all PCs (once they reach 21st level) are able to start taking advantage of Epic Levels in one way or another.

Remove ads