• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Episode #008 Kingmaker 1: Stolen Land with Tim Hitchcock

Steel_Wind

Legend
Available for download now: click here

Chronicles: Pathfinder Podcast

Episode #008 Kingmaker 1: Stolen Land with Tim Hitchcock

This episode is dedicated to all things Kingmaker. The hosts call upon Jason Bulmahn and James Jacobs for a special rules clarification concerning the Alchemist. Azmyth and Steel_Wind address a serious matter we call Gamers without Borders. On the Character Concept Workshop, Research builds an enhanced Druid grappler who is a member of the Order of the Viper. On the Monster Mash, Mark converts the Sylph and two evil fey of special interest to those playing in the Kingmaker Adventure Path. We discuss the Kingmaker Player Guide at length and the hosts make suggestions on appropriate character classes for use in the Paizo award winning Adventure Path. Tim Hitchcock, the Gold medalist at the Gencon 2010 Ennies and author of Kingmaker 1: Stolen Land joins us for interviews in the Companion and for an encore interview during the spoilerific Chronicles section of the podcast. We feature a new musical track by Satyr, intended for listening by player characters of at least 4th level and host CherryPie memorializes two of the Fallen in our Stolen Lands: Obituaries. Lastly, Steel_Wind and the rest of the podcast hosts review Kingmaker 1: Stolen Land in epic detail. It is a huge sandbox of a podcast, weighing in at over four hours plus of geeky Kingmaker goodness.

The iTunes feed has now updated and should download for all subscribers.

Last edited:

Steel_Wind

Legend
A recent post on the Paizo forums made me realize that I should clarfiy the nature of the spoilers on the Chronicles section of Episode #008.

The spoilers in #008 after the "You Shall Not Pass" break concern ONLY spoilers for Stolen Land. We do not discuss later volumes in the Kingmaker AP in any spoilerific way in Episode #008.

So if you are playing Kingmaker right now as a player, but have completed Stolen Land, you won't hear anything in the Chronicles section of the podcast that will spoil the rest of Kingmaker for you.

Please note: this is NOT the approach we use when covering Council of Thieves on the GM only Chronicles side. CoT is very much an AP with a plot where the story considerations of later aspects of the AP need to be kept in mind throughout the AP. So all reviews of the CoT instalments will reference later volumes in the AP.

We did not do this with Kingmaker as it is not as necessary to review it -- and for the very good reason that three of the podcasts five hosts are playing in Kingmaker right now (the other 2 hosts of the Podcast are GMing Kingmaker)

IronWolf

blank
Had the chance to listen today. Another good episode and again, especially timely with my just starting Kingmaker campaign!

Best yet!

Well done gang, your best episode so far!

I really dug the 'Obits' but I personally would have liked to have heard a little bit of intro. Maybe a few words from the (deceased) player or DM that posted it.

Oh AND... loving the music! Fourth Level Fighter is my new favorite song.

Keep it up!

Burchard

First Post
As one of the writers (and bass player) of Fourth Level Fighter, may I say thank you! It was a great honor to be on the podcast.

Those interested in the song can find us on reverbnation, under the band name Satyr.
Right now all the songs are streaming only but don't despair! Here's a link to download Fourth Level Fighter.

Thanks for listening and spread the word!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads