ERIK MONA: Bring back BOOT HILL, GANGBUSTERS & STAR FRONTIERS

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Am really enjoying the d20 minigames in Polyhedron so far, especially PULP HEROES! I haven't gotten a chance to run them yet (and with my group of sword-swinging savages, who knows if I ever will?), but I just like having them around. Actually, I found Pulp Heroes and Shadowchasers more interesting than any of the adventures in DUNGEON the past two issues...

Anyway, back to the tpoic at hand: Will you be updating Boot Hill, Star Frontiers and Gangbusters in the foreseeable future? These three classic TSR settings could all use an updating.

BTW: I just scored a bunch of old GANGBUSTERS stuff on ebay and while PULP HEROES will help me out immensely when I convert the game to d20 (in the nebulous future), I'd like an "official" conversion to help me out. Since PULP HEROES was such a hit, I'd think fans of that mini-game would find a lot of good ideas/material in a GANGBUSTERS d20 mini-game, as they have cross-over appeal (similar genres, similar time periods, both drawn from pulp fiction, though GANGBUSTERS also more "historically accurate."

Other random thoughts:

STAR FRONTIERS was a great sci-fi game. It might make a good fit for those sci-fans wishing to use Star Wars rules in a non Star Wars setting.

BOOT HILL offers historically accurate fun in the Wild West, and nothing beats an old-fashioned gunfight at high noon for sheer Eastwood-esque thrills, LOL.

Anyway, these are all TSR-owned properties, so that's one less thing to worry about. ;)

WSmith

First Post
I second those, and then some. Although I think Boot Hill would be better done with some alterations to d20, no company other than WOTC could legally pull it off.

Star Frontiers: YES!!! YES!!! The best game I never got to play. I loved the Altenity version in Dragon, but wasn't an Alt. fan so it never got used.

GangBusters: Never had this game. Well, I had it in my hands when it was $1.99 in the bargin bin in Kay Bee Toys, and foolishly didn't get. Same for....

Flight of the Skies: Was this an RPG or a tactial aerial combat game?

The TRUE MINIGAMES: There were four and let me see if senility has set in yet :D Saga, Revolt on Antares, ah darn. Two out of four ain't bad. :D

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
Funny to hear people talking Star Frontiers, I loved that game. As a matter of fact, Fenzer, my board name is the name of a Dralasite (spelling) character I played in Star Frontiers. If you remember, this was the amorphus race that could grow apendages. They had no eyes but a keen sence of smell and navagated the environment by scent.

Trance, I agree. Would they dare keep a race like this one? I fear not.

STAR FRONTIERS!!!!

I still have a SF website (haven't looked at it in years... but I have one!)

And I love Gangbusters! Didn't think of using the Pulp Heroes rules for that game yet... Thanks!

Looking forward to AEG's Spycraft, just to convert Operation Sprechentestelle (sp?)

Dahak

Explorer
fenzer said:
Funny to hear people talking Star Frontiers, I loved that game. As a matter of fact, Fenzer, my board name is the name of a Dralasite (spelling) character I played in Star Frontiers. If you remember, this was the amorphus race that could grow apendages. They had no eyes but a keen sence of smell and navagated the environment by scent.

Dralasites and Yazirians have already made appearances in my Star Wars campaign. The frontier is it's own little corner of the Outer Rim.

starwolf

First Post
Shameless Plug

Although it's not Boot Hill (since only WOTC can use that moniker)
Keep your eye out for Citizen Games SideWinder game.....due out this spring. Pure Western goodness without all that magic from Deadland's.

Remove ads