• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erol Otus art book?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Pazio, Goodman Games, and a few others tend to have a finger on the pulse of the gaming industry.

Why has no on released an Erol Otus art book?

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I would buy that in a hot second.

Part of the problem is that most of the first edition artists don't actually have much of their original art yet, nor do they have transparencies or high-quality scans, which makes it difficult to assemble a nice-looking book.

The other problem is that the market for art books is pretty limited.

--Erik

JoeGKushner

First Post

Part of the problem is that most of the first edition artists don't actually have much of their original art yet, nor do they have transparencies or high-quality scans, which makes it difficult to assemble a nice-looking book.

--Erik

But not that rare eh?

Stormonu

Legend
Oddly, I used to hate a lot of his artwork, and I got the impression I was not the only one.

However, when I once again saw his artwork in the DCC series, I somehow found myself liking it more than I had in the past.

I think I'd enjoy seeing an art book filled with his art these days, but I wonder how others might feel about it - if they've had a change of heart like me.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Definitely interested here. He is one of the best D&D artists.

Also I could use it as a prop for my "suto lore" magic art book in my game.

the Jester

Legend
Oddly, I used to hate a lot of his artwork, and I got the impression I was not the only one.

Me too! Yet nowadays, I totally 'get' his creepiness and the sort of weird, alien look much of his stuff has and would buy a book of his work in a red-hot second.

Klaus

First Post

--Erik
True.

Jeff Dee has been re-creating his D&D artwork, beginning with the Egyptian Pantheon from Deities & Demigods (the results are being posted to his DeviantArt page).

Jon Schindehette has recently asked folks to list their Top 20 D&D Artists of All Time: Top 20 D&D Illustrators? | The ArtOrder

Remove ads