• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Essays on Game Design

Jack7

First Post
I've got a threadjack here, Jack, but you seem like you might enjoy this:

The Great Conjunction (RPG DESIGN CONTEST)

RPG Design contest. Put some of your theories into play, and all that jazz.

I saw it Wik, and am interested. I even recommended it to others in this thread.

I hope to participate if I can.
But right now I am swamped with work. I have an analytical/theory paper due for the Navy in Jan. Have a number of other non-fiction pieces under deadline.

Then I'm also working on my novel and a set of short stories for publication. And a buddy of mine is after me to send out part of a Graphic Novel script. At home I've been having to direct the repair work to the house and on the estate.

I'm bloody exhausted. Or I'd be replying to everyone. As for gaming interests between the blog here and the threads here I think I've bitten off more right now than I can chew. I'm also thinking abut entering some of the Paizo contests if I can spit up the extra blood. I'm just not sure I got any left in me right now.

But I am piecing together design ideas so if I get the chance I'm going to take a run at it and see what comes out. I thought about just putting throwing in the milieu I developed, but I've kinda thinking about some experimental design elements right now for something different than the norm. What I'd really wanna work over real good are some new ideas/theories for magic, divine magic, monsters, heroism, an experimental combat system, mythology and history, simulation elements, and stuff like that. But 50 pages is a lot to push out with the other stuff I got on the clock. Still, I might try it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads