Essen Spiel Cancelled

Joining UK Games Expo, Origins, and PaizoCon (amongst others!), Essen Spiel is the latest tabletop gaming convention to be affected by the pandemic. The show has been cancelled for 2020, with the next event being 14-17 October 2021. (They say "postponed" but I'm assuming that means "cancelled"; otherwise there would be two events in 2021!) At the time of writing, Gen Con is still going...

Joining UK Games Expo, Origins, and PaizoCon (amongst others!), Essen Spiel is the latest tabletop gaming convention to be affected by the pandemic. The show has been cancelled for 2020, with the next event being 14-17 October 2021.

(They say "postponed" but I'm assuming that means "cancelled"; otherwise there would be two events in 2021!)

At the time of writing, Gen Con is still going ahead from 30th July until 2nd August.

MM-2018102743-1024x683.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

Dear SPIELers,

With great regret we have to announce today that we have to postpone this year’s SPIEL, which was planned for 22nd to 25th of October 2020, to the date 14th to 17th of October 2021.

The health of our exhibitors, visitors, guests and employees is very important to us.

We have been observing the very dynamic national and international development regarding Covid-19 very closely over the last weeks and months and have explored all possibilities for the implementation of SPIEL ’20, also in coordination with the authorities. Unfortunately, this has led to the conclusion that due to force majeure, we will not be able to run SPIEL ’20 on the intended date, either factually or technically. After a long time of consideration we have come to the painful conclusion that SPIEL will have to be postponed by one year.

However, we are already looking ahead to SPIEL ’21 and can’t wait to welcome you next year again.

Until then, please stay safe and healthy.

Your SPIEL-Team

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I don't think I'd be attending Gencon this year, even if I reasonably could. It seems unwise. For their sake's I hope it goes well, but there's a pretty big downside. I think Essen Spiel made the right call.

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
I don't think I'd be attending Gencon this year, even if I reasonably could. It seems unwise. For their sake's I hope it goes well, but there's a pretty big downside. I think Essen Spiel made the right call.
Exactly, until there is a vaccine it's just got to be a pass on attending crowded events. 😐

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads