• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Essentials - Will you be getting it?

From what you know so far, are you feeling the love for Essentials?

I don't play 4e and have little interest in playing it. What everyone seems to like about the game as a player, I've got no real interest in.

I do run a 4e game. It's been fine so far.

I will not be picking up Essentials based on what I've heard so far. I just don't see that it's bringing anything I care about to the game.

Last edited:

JeffB

Legend
I need to be able to pick 2 options.

I run 4E and may switch to Essentials only, simply because I prefer a more "basic" game- The Rules Compendium, Heros of the Fallen lands, and the Monster Kit will likely provide all I need (plus I have my MM1/2)

And I play Swords & Wizardry WB/LBB as well as MCM D&D (which has influenced my 4E "basic" game as well)

fjw70

Adventurer
I will definitely pick it up. At the very least it will be incorporated into my regular 4e game and I am considering an essentials only campaign.

No option really fit for me. That said, for me Essentials is an exciting step for the game. I hope that it is presented in a format that is easy to digest. Otherwise, I'll just pick it apart from the DDI.

Basically
  • I'll get Essentials if each class presented in the book has level 1-30 detailed.
  • I won't get Essentials if it's 10 books, with each class getting 3 levels per book. That path is insanity and will doom the product if WotC goes that way.

Storminator

First Post
I will likely be getting 4 copies of the box set. I'll look it over to make sure you can play a starter game with nothing else and if you can I'll send if off to a few families I know that would enjoy D&D.

I may or may not add content to my own game. We'll see.

PS

malraux

First Post
I have DDI so clearly Essential will get integrated into my game. But given that it involves no rules changes, I'm not entirely sure what it would mean to go essentials only.

Wicht

Hero
I was just thinking of starting this exact same poll and viola, its been done already. Good job and the questions are very close to what I was going to pose too. My only difference would have been to include a lapsed 4e category in the poll choices. So far though the numbers look almost exactly like what I would have thought they would based on comments in other threads.

Remove ads