• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ETHelper error:

Therigwin

First Post
Sorry that the files are giving you trouble.

Is it the custom whip one?

I have had a couple of problems myself exporting and importing, but before I post the files I do the following:

Load up a clean, never before touched database and import it.
Then I test the various items and feats.

Now I have borrowed some of the work done by others (mainly some feats) and the whip is actually has the same GUID from the core rules, but the code should delete the one whip and add the other. Also I have no idea what happens if you import the whip file more than once.

That is why I put the warning on it.

This is what you can do. Rename the database.mdb file to something else and select repair from the etools Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. This will put a clean copy of the database back on your system. Backup that file and try re-importing the file.

But I have had no problem with the files being imported into a clean fresh Database.

Hey, Davin, I have had a problem when I try to export like one or two items in a group. I forget the error, but I normally delete the rest of the items in the group and then they export fine.

Again, sorry that the files may be giving you problems.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
No problem, therigwin. I appreciate all the work that you (and others) have done. I get the error on the fighter bonus feats and magic items .xml files - both from sword and fist. It's not a big deal, but I thought I'd mention it, and Davin was kind enough to offer to look at the files.

The others work fine, though I may have another file or two with problems, since I've shamelessly leeched every mod I can get my hands on. :)

Davin

First Post
Therigwin said:
Hey, Davin, I have had a problem when I try to export like one or two items in a group. I forget the error, but I normally delete the rest of the items in the group and then they export fine.
Unexpected, this is.
- Yoda

I'm trying to figure out a way to get a test case from you that I can use to reproduce the error. (I guess a whole e-mail copy of an offending DB would work, but it seems like overkill.)

Therigwin

First Post
I can't even duplicate the error now.

But then again, I go through so many databases trying to make sure that each file I make works right.

If I run into the bug again I will take a screen shot and send it to you with what I was trying to do along with what ever mods I have applied to the database at that time.

:)

JRRNeiklot

First Post
With Davin's help, I was able to track down the problem I was having importing certain files. Turns out I had an older version of some of the EThelper files. With the update, everything seems to be kosher now.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Chaz said:
Its getting more and more apparent that we need to have some central info area to keep work in progress info handy. As more and more people release files (especially incomplete or faulty ones) it will get harder to figure out who's file you got where and which version etc. etc. Some coordination would ease some possible future problems I think. At least it might make finding and repairing a faulty file easier. And make it easier to put out the word when a file is fixed / updated.
Or maybe I'm wrong hehe
Was just a thought. :)

As i've said before, look at what works. Tak a look on how the PcGen Group is structured, that seems to work. So sign up with sourceforge and set up csv list...

Remove ads