• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ETools from my local store, and review!

Balsamic Dragon

First Post
I just got ETools today! Having listened to much griping on the boards, I expected in advance that it would be buggy and quirky and ugly, however I am pleasantly surprised thus far!

The most important thing to me was that, having read and thus being able to avoid the most common difficulties, I was easily able to create a PC, a monster, an item of treasure and a new race in a very short period of time.

Further, it was the work of mere seconds to open up the database in Access and change the throwing axe from a melee weapon to a missile weapon (a known bug). To those who are concerned about "getting under the hood", please don't let that stop you, it is extremely straightforward and simple!

I have also found the first easter egg (or rather my husband found it). Check out the description of the Rod of Security ;)

Balsamic Dragon

Feaelin

First Post
Balsamic Dragon said:
[Further, it was the work of mere seconds to open up the database in Access and change the throwing axe from a melee weapon to a missile weapon (a known bug). To those who are concerned about "getting under the hood", please don't let that stop you, it is extremely straightforward and simple!
[/B]

Or if you are still feeling cautious about modifying the database directly after that wonderful endorsement, you could go to the "House Rules" editor, click on the current axe, throwing, click "new" and create a new (and corrected) version of the axe. The old one will still be there, but if you label the new one clearly, that shouldn't be a problem. :)

Remove ads