eTools: The FAQ - A proposal

EricNoah

Adventurer
what, a message board with threads? That's hardly a FAQ :)

I tossed this out to Scott and Eric and we'll see what they say.

Davin, I totally want you in on this if you're up for it. At least on the ET Helper parts.

I'm just looking forward to being able to say to people: Check the FAQ and linking them to it or even a specific question.

Davin

First Post
EricNoah said:
what, a message board with threads?
As I recall, it was in the Fluid-only section (so it didn't get out of control) and I was expecting to see 1 thread with 1 message per question, so you just clicked on the topic for a list of all the FAQ questions and clicked on the one you were interested in.

Of course, that might not be the best organization for a FAQ. ;)

I can surely help with the ET Helper questions, though everyone else here is doing a bang-up job with the regular eTools questions (and they're a lot better at it than I am -- especially you!!).

KnowTheToe

First Post
I have updated my version of IE to 5.5 and I still can not print? I still get "this page cannot be displayed" error.

What is the deal?

EricNoah

Adventurer
KnowTheToe said:
I have updated my version of IE to 5.5 and I still can not print? I still get "this page cannot be displayed" error.

What is the deal?

If you're using 5.5 you need as many of the patches, service packs, etc. as you can get your hands on. Even some folks with 6.0 have had problems until they got all their patches in place too.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Thanks, I updated to IE 6 and I can print.

Any idea why they went this route for printing, it seems kind of awkward?

Eric,

I also wanted to say thanks for all of the other support for ET. I have read many posts and seen you go above and beyond in helping people with their needs.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Having the output as HTML allows for a couple of things -- first, posting character sheets online and such, but I think more importantly so people can design their own output. I have seen a good replacement character sheet; I have made an alternate sheet that displays more info on familiars and animal companions; and I have made alternative stat blocks. All that is done through XML and style sheets and so that's pretty handy from a customization point of view.

Remove ads