eTools: The FAQ - A proposal

jaults

First Post
    I have seen person after person ask the same questions about eTools. My feelings of guilt for not contributing more to the community are finally getting to me... Sooo, I would be willing to work on and maintain an eTools FAQ, if there are others interested in contributing.
    Any takers? And even if you're not interested in helping with the FAQ itself, perhaps you have suggestions for a frequently asked question or two...

Thanks,
    Jason

Questions

1. How do i print?
Answer: You need to make sure you Internet Explorer is uptoday ie 5.5 or better yet 6.0

2. My printout won't show the Misc bonuses or penalties how do i fix this?
Answer: Adjust the Margins on your print perview. I find 12.05 all around is a good one.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I recall that www.bravenet.com offered a free service where you could set up searchable FAQs -- it was pretty slick, I was going to do a D&D FAQ back when I was running my site but couldn't get enough helpers to make it feasible. Might check into that, I'd be willing to help if someone wants to be "in charge".

EricNoah

Adventurer
ok, here's what I was talking about.

http://pub50.bravenet.com/faq/show.php?usernum=4237735552

Note that I could give several people the password to this account and they could answer questions. The questions appear on a list, and after you've answered them the answer gets posted to the FAQ and e-mailed back to the person asking.

If there's enough interest I'd spring for the "ad-free" version. Let me know what you think.

Edit: there's one question in the FAQ right now, it's under Advanced Customization.

Last edited:

Chaz

First Post
Sorry just thought of another one I see often. For those having troubles with skill points being wrong be sure to enter new chars in the char editor wrather than the generator , and the proper way to enter int using 'user' roll method for stats.
another frequent one is purchasing magic items like scrolls/wands/potions etc.
Oh and to be sure and select tools needed for skills and equip them so you dont see negetive ratings on abilitys.
And be sure you check weight before getting worried about seeing penalties .. often weight of equiptment is behind it.
Hmm there are more but these I see often.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Feel free to actually use the Submit a Question tool -- that'll send off an e-mail to me and I'll know there's a question waiting to be answered. (even if you know the answer you can still drop me a question you've thought of)

If you're interested in helping answer questions, please drop me an e-mail at ericnoah@charter.net -- tell me about how often you'd be able to stop by to answer questions and "wow" me with a few potential questions and their answers, just so I know that you know what you're doing. :)

Davin

First Post
Don't Fluid's forums (when they come back) already have a FAQ area? Wouldn't setting up a second area be confusing or redundant?

Remove ads