• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Walking Dad

First Post
Nejs Radan, Half-Elf Ardent 1

"Just give a list with the ingredients. If it doesn't include something one has to murder to get it, I'm in." Nejs assures as the other ones with strong psionic powers he sensed seemingly wanting to go.

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry, somehow messes up my thread subscriptions. Here and interested! :lol:

The character isn't yet approved:
Nejs Ragan

[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Zhen re-enters the tavern with Raijin, speaking with the robed man as Fissure sets off with the chef.

"You have the look of Jade about you, good sir. Am I correct in guessing that we share a homeland?"

That is so. I have come to these lands seeking my sister, who fled from... certain Oni that... attacked our family. I am unaccustomed to the traditions of this land, but I have heard that those of knowledge and strength come together as "adventuring bands"?

Raijin makes the last sentence sound like a question. He looks about the Tavern again, seeing yet more changes in those inside along with the newly arrived older man.

Are any of these the "Red River Company"?

[sblock=Appearance]
Raijin is short with a slim build. He wears many layers of camouflaging robes, concealing most of his body and a wide brimmed hat that covers his features most of the time. His skin is very pale white on his face and his eyes are pale yellow. He carries a simple staff, backpack, and a few daggers on his belt.
[sblock=Insight 23 (21 for Kingdom of Jade)] Raijin uses white makeup to cover his purple skin, which has designs etched in silver all over his body. He is from the Kingdom of Jade and a Stormsoul Genasi. [/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Perhaps the Gith Twins and Friends Power Hour wouldn't mind another striker?[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post

Velmont

First Post
"Perfect." Calisto stands up and walk outside to the courtyard where Fissure is training before heading to the restaurant.

RickRoll

First Post
The half-orc turns a bit when he hears talk from the older man of him, and turns to the siblings, "I'm sorry to leave on such short notice, but as you may have heard the old man over there is in need of a bit of brute strength. May your weapons pierce the hearts and flesh of many enemies."

[sblock=ooc]
I am still awaiting a second approval, unless I have been approved and just didn't receive a second email.
[/sblock]

"Good luck." K’atzn’ii says to the departing half-orc. She sighs audibly and looks at her brother as the other group begins clearing out. "What is that human expression? Always the bridesmaid never the bride... guess that is us?" she huffs.

The githyanki looks around the room and sees the man with the wide-brimmed hat talking to the new half-orc. She stands up and moves towards them. "Greetings, human, half-orc. I am K’atzn’ii, my brother, D'keth, and I are looking for work, we are hoping that either you are looking for help or are also looking for work. It seems that those coming inside prefer those who are already working together. If we were to join our forces perhaps the next person coming in would hire us? I am a warrior who combines skill with steel and with arcane power through this (gesturing to her longsword)" the githyanki says.

[sblock=ooc]
Gith Twins and Friends Power Hour...very nice :D

Two strikers? Sounds like fun. Just need someone to keep us all from dying I suppose now [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin bends his head towards K'atzn'ii, as if listening intently to what she says. I agree. I have skill with spells that will chase off anyone who would cross me. Zhen is skilled in the martial arts of the Kingdom. I would learn more of these "adventures"

[sblock=OOC] The player Oni (no really, how appropriate) has a character Lily who is a 3rd level Shaman, that would keep us well enough alive but not unbalance the party much[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
At the mention of oni, a look of consternation briefly flashes across Zhen's face, then is gone. To Raijin, Zhen replies "I am only newly arrived in this land myself, and do not know its ways. But I have seen one "adventuring band" leave here already with an employer. That must be how things are done in this land."

Zhen then bows low to the githyanki siblings. "I am Zhen, a student of the Tian Shi Quan style of Hu Shan." He does not elaborate further, expecting such a statement to be self-explanatory.

Last edited:

Remove ads