• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Everything You Need to Know about Bigby Presents Glory of the Giants

Parmandur

Book-Friend
From my perspective, it also looks like one book was just sort of "meh, I guess we have to do one of these" versus "ooh, you know what would be really cool to do?"

Lots of subjects have been covered many times, in many mediums, but someone fired up about a project can still do something great with it. How many comic books has Batman been in, for instance? And yet, every year, there's at least one truly great new Batman story.

Yeah, giants have been covered a lot less, but dragons are freaking Batman. It's always possible to do something awesome with Batman.
You know, it's funny, Wyatt said in his interview with Todd Kendrick just the opposite: he was jazzed and excited to write Fizban's, but had to be sold on this and find an angle.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Saw this art from the D&D Instagram, including a new Fire Giant lady and a confirmation of a Mountain Giant with Rune magic.
Screenshot_20230713_195707_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230713_195645_Instagram.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Huh! We hadn't seen mountain giants being mentioned before, as far as I'm aware. That's a really pleasant surprise!
Yeah, they had mentioned previously that there would be Magix wielding variants of the six main Giant types, and that photo was used when Wyatt mentioned that in one of these videos, but confirmation that this is a Mountain Giant that looks like a souped up Hill Giant is neat.

Remove ads