• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Evil Characters, vie for the Leadership role.

Cartigan Mrryl

First Post
Alright, when I play a game, people bring varied levels, (ranging from 5 levels lower than average to 10 levels higher.) Anyways, I've played a few evil campaigns, and ehre's the character's from said campaign.

Level 12 Fighter(6)/Ranger(6) Bugbear
Level 7 Bard Kobold
Level 22 Rogue(10)/ Cleric(10)/ Fighter (2) HobGoblin
Level 10 Cleric Half-Fiend
Level 14 Ranger Sahuagin
Level 20 Dark Paladin (House Rule) Orc
Level 17 Fighter Ogre

Anyways, as Evil Characters don't often get along, one of the (oddly enough, the Kobold) decided that they should elect a leader, but they got into a fight and enver came out of it. They fought over it, and it escalated into a conflict, Kobold, Sahuagin, Ogre and half-Fiend, vs the others. i let them duke it out, they all had fun but felt it was a waste, as the survive was the Half-Fiend (a VERY smart player) and that eneded up being the end of it.

Anyways, has anyone else ever had a DM session where players fought of roles, that might've led into a RPed conflict?

Yes. And they were supposed to be good guys.

I had two players that always vied for the leadership role. Mostly because they thought of it as indicating that their characters were the best.

The first PC came up with an outrageous series of assassination plans that he never managed to pull off.

The second PC was a paladin that ended up loosing his paladin-status for being such a rat. The player had a entirely overdeveloped sense of competition. In the next campaign, he settled for making a character entirely front-loaded for combat, and made an attempt to terrorize the rest of the PCs. That was the last time we gamed with him.

Anyway, there ended up being a in-game duel, complete with underhanded tactics and drama. It ended up with the defeated character (unfortunately not the over-aggressive PC) loosing a few fingers and retreating into wildspace, thus beginning a separate Spelljammer campaign.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Who has the highest Charisma, add skills and there is your leader, levels have very little impact on leadership, it is the one that has the skills to lead, to influence, to bribe, to control, and such that will be the leaders.

But a evil party will still try and overthrow him.

shilsen

Adventurer
Kahuna Burger said:
You lost me at the evil, uncooperative party with a 15 level power spread.... How long could such a campaign possibly last? :confused:
I'd normally agree with you, but since they were apparently all playing characters with Stupid Evil alignment, I doubt the levels were a problem.

Cartigan Mrryl

First Post
Yeah... they didn't really care about the level spread... I don't knwo why. But yeah, the Hob Goblin figured He should rule, because he was the highest level, the Ogre figured, biggest means best, the Half-Fiend figured he should own all, just because he was Half-Demon and that's gotta count for something, that and he was the most experienced gamer, i think the Hob Goblin player was the only other seasoned DnD'er. But yeah, the battle lasted almsot half an hour. It was great, i pretty much just DM'ed the fight, made sure the magic was done correctly and that when they were dead, they were dead. ALl around, they had fun, and I broke the rule of "Once you're dead, you're dead," and revvied them all, since it was so amusing. Then I came up with a table for Evil Leadership... I should probably post that up in the House Rules thing... I have quite a few house rules you guys might like, all I have to do is FIND the verrdamme sheets!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads