Evil Minions?

ashockney

First Post
Evil Minions! Everybody needs them, but how do you make them?

I'm seeing rules in the DMG for everything but minions. Specifically, I'm trying to have an encounter with Human Bandits Skirmishers (p162) and Human Bandit Minions.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Balgus

First Post
Considering they have only 1 hp, i dont think you can make them wrong.

Just make a lvl 1 NPC, with standard/average stats and 1 hp, and you are good to go. Dont bother with skills or feats cause they probably wont be around long enough to use them.
Minions are basically there to draw attention away from BBEG and give flank bonuses.
the back of MM gives some NPC monster stats, also

Yaezakura

First Post
Modified Human Rabble Minion:

Human Bandit Minion
Level 2 Minion
Medium natural humanoid
XP 31
Initiative: +1
Perception: +0
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 11
Speed 6

:bmelee: Club (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+6 vs. AC; 4 damage.

Combat Advantage
The Human Bandit Minion gains a +2 bonus to melee damage against targets it has Combat Advantage against.

Alignment: Any
Languages: Common

Str 10 (+0) Dex 14 (+2) Wis 10 (+0)
Con 12 (+1) Int 9 (–1) Cha 11 (+0)

Equipment club

Last edited:

Jeph

Explorer
The rules are right there on page 175, but they don't actually come out and say it.

They're under the heading "cosmetic changes."

Look for another level 1 minion that's close to what you want, and simply reflavor it. I'd use the Goblin Cutter, changing the size to medium. Alternatively, I'd just use Human Rabble, maybe changing Mob Rule to a bonus point or two of damage when it has combat advantage.

Jeph

Explorer
markl said:
Build 'em like a standard monster of their level
Set thier hit points to 1
Quarter their XP value

Done!

Don't forget to do something about the fixed damage output. It seems to be in the neighborhood of 4 +1/5 levels.

Yaezakura

First Post
Hahah... ^_^ Yoink away. Just something I patched together in like 30 seconds to give the OP something to work with.

Glad people are finding it useful, though.

Remove ads