• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exalted Champloo - Episode 2 - "Like Spinning Plates"

Tokiwong said:
“No mighty army, so you come here with nothing but some paltry sailors, pathetic mortal soldiers, and yourselves? I wager that we have much work to do to topple the grand corruption of the Realm. Or perhaps you came here to show me the errors of my ways?” the Black Maw replies to Dancing Snow.

“So then Children of the Sun,” she focuses on Swallow, “You speak for this Circle, do you find me monstrous?”

"I am a child of my world, and your world is strange and a bit confusing to us. You surround yourself with an army that many in my world would consider barbaric." Swallow thinks carefully for a moment before continuing. "I must confess that I have little in a frame of refernce for how to deal with customs you take as a given. As impressive as they are though, I would like to learn more of you world and ways before I say anything that might cause insult. I know little of your history or ways, and I know enough that it would be impudent to judge without learning more fully."

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
"I am a child of my world, and your world is strange and a bit confusing to us. You surround yourself with an army that many in my world would consider barbaric." Swallow thinks carefully for a moment before continuing. "I must confess that I have little in a frame of refernce for how to deal with customs you take as a given. As impressive as they are though, I would like to learn more of you world and ways before I say anything that might cause insult. I know little of your history or ways, and I know enough that it would be impudent to judge without learning more fully."
"Then tell me of yourself." The Black Maw replies.

Tokiwong said:
"Then tell me of yourself." The Black Maw replies.

Swallow nods as she wipes her suddenly sweaty palms off and stands in a confortable position simular to the storytellers she recalled from childhood. Suddenly she felt like one of the characters in those long gone tales. The mouse trapped by a lion, who had to spin tale and tale to entertain the lazy cat. As long as the lion was amused, the mouse would live.

"My tale is neither glorious or signifigant before my awakening to my true self, my lady, but I will tell what little there is of it." she says as she starts telling the tale of her humble beginnings and spinning it out as a tapestry of her life, building towards her awakening to her true self and the trials she'd faced since then.

Aenion

First Post
Snow mutters something under her breath about Black Maw bringing their sailors here to begin with, and them not having to be here if she hadn't, without actually sounding annoyed by it, as Swallow continuous. She intently listens to Swallow's tale, though she does mouth a "Can I?" to Black Maw while pointing to an apple.

KentArnold

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
"My tale is neither glorious or signifigant before my awakening to my true self, my lady, but I will tell what little there is of it." she says as she starts telling the tale of her humble beginnings and spinning it out as a tapestry of her life, building towards her awakening to her true self and the trials she'd faced since then.

He listened with casual interest, trying not to be spotted observing the tactical layout of the room. It was a bad idea, they should have just come in and started lopping heads. Black Maw was nothing short of insane. And insane people were impossible to deal with.

They had the deck stacked against them.

Black Maw no doubt had her weapon(s) nearby. She had guards ready to kill.

And, all they had at their disposal was their wits and their fists. At least until they could liberate any weapons the guards had.

He had a bad feeling that things were going to go south fast. It was stupid to presume that she listened to enough of the old ways. She was drunk on the glory of ancient times, and on being worshipped as a goddess. And, being drunk, she revelled in her power and sought excuses to use it.

And what better way to show her power than to slay several Solar Exalted?

He had a very bad feeling.

Tokiwong

First Post
The Black Maw smiles, “Please all of you eat, and enjoy yourselves… if you need any pleasure seen to, my people will see to them.” She giggles maniacally, “Lady Swallow shall we retire to a more intimate setting?”

Tokiwong said:
The Black Maw smiles, “Please all of you eat, and enjoy yourselves… if you need any pleasure seen to, my people will see to them.” She giggles maniacally, “Lady Swallow shall we retire to a more intimate setting?”

Swallow nods a bit nervous, this was far more dangerous than buying the location of the dream blossoms that were destroying her territory before her awakening. All she feared then was a quick painful death. Now she wondered if she was going to come to regret what her honeyed words might bring to her circle.

"Of course my lady, I am more than honored to join you." she says without an outward hint of her concerns.

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Swallow nods a bit nervous, this was far more dangerous than buying the location of the dream blossoms that were destroying her territory before her awakening. All she feared then was a quick painful death. Now she wondered if she was going to come to regret what her honeyed words might bring to her circle.

"Of course my lady, I am more than honored to join you." she says without an outward hint of her concerns.
Black Maw grins, bobbing her cute little head and offers her hand to Swallow, “Then please milady please follow me.”

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
"Wherever this might lead." she says as she lets the deceptively young Lunar lead her way.
Black Maw brings Swallow outside into a lush garden of floating lily pads some ten foot across and takes a seat on one and smiles. The young girl smiles sweetly, “I think you are beautiful little Swallow, perhaps we can find a way to put our differences aside and come out of this together…” she runs her finger slowly over Swallow’s forearm.

Remove ads