• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exalted Champloo - Episode 2 - "Like Spinning Plates"

Shalimar

First Post
Meanwhile the figure that Silent Wind notices is joined by more figures… four in total thus far.

"Be careful there are a quartet of stealthy observers up in the rafters." the Raven haired archer warns her circlemates. "They are trying to hide from sight, I suggest we find what armament we can unobtrusively and be ready to attack when the time comes to fight."

KentArnold

First Post
He sighed, "Well ... several options."

He looks around calmly, "A, we free our comrades, and get archaic on everyone. This however puts Swallow in immediate peril, she's in the proverbial spider's web right now."

He scowled a bit and continued, "B, we play it nice and wait for her return."

He smiled, "C, we prepare to do A, but wait for Swallow's return. Then provided she hasnt procured our exit, our gear, and the captives, we get bloody."

Tokiwong

First Post
KentArnold said:
He sighed, "Well ... several options."

He looks around calmly, "A, we free our comrades, and get archaic on everyone. This however puts Swallow in immediate peril, she's in the proverbial spider's web right now."
“Hrrm, straightforward enough,” Sand Rat replies watching the dancers, “although I am not sure how much help they will be against a Lunar.”
KentArnold said:
He scowled a bit and continued, "B, we play it nice and wait for her return."
"I hate sitting around," the brawny dragon grins.
KentArnold said:
He smiled, "C, we prepare to do A, but wait for Swallow's return. Then provided she hasnt procured our exit, our gear, and the captives, we get bloody."
"I like this plan best of all," Sand Rat grins.

KentArnold

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“Hrrm, straightforward enough,” Sand Rat replies watching the dancers, “although I am not sure how much help they will be against a Lunar.”

"I hate sitting around," the brawny dragon grins.

"I like this plan best of all," Sand Rat grins.

He grinned a bit at that, "Ah, but I never said our friends will be facing the Lunar. That's our joy to handle. Theirs is to entertain the audience so we can entertain the director."

He looked around, "Now ... let's mingle, and look for weapons we can move to grab quickly for when Swallow returns. I'll go check out the status of our fellow comrades."

With that said, he casually walked over to look as if he was going to do nothing more than talk to the captives, hoping the guards near them didnt prevent him from doing so.

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
"Possibly," Swallow agrees carefully, "but we can lead them on the right paths. The Dragonblooded could be put in their place, in time as well. We all have roles in the way the Realm was supposed to run. The betrayal broke that order." She tries to ignore her thundering heart, this was a VERY dangerous woman. "Of course by your logic we, my circle, could be seen as week and foolish, though we're still young to our power and not yet grown in the wisdom of age."
“Order?” Black Maw smiles, “What order can exist with the dragons alive. They will not relinquish power. Those in power never simply give up that power, even to those with the greater means to lead.”

She lies back looking at the starlit sky, “They will not simply step down… they have lived too long in corruption. They must die… I will not suffer a dragon to live.”

Back at the Feast

Sand Rat turns to Silent Wind, “Did you say something, pretty?”

Meanwhile Two Stone approaches his men, they are bound by iron chains. One looks up, he has not been beaten badly, but he seems drugged. He slurs his words, “Oh… is that you father?”

Tokiwong said:
“Order?” Black Maw smiles, “What order can exist with the dragons alive. They will not relinquish power. Those in power never simply give up that power, even to those with the greater means to lead.”

She lies back looking at the starlit sky, “They will not simply step down… they have lived too long in corruption. They must die… I will not suffer a dragon to live.”

"Fair enough, I have little love for the Dragon's and their empire. I can see that the current dragons are far from where the should have been. My scattered memories pointed to them as stewarts ands such.. is that correct?" Swallow asks curiously, wondering what was the time of the Solars/Lunars rulership.

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
"Fair enough, I have little love for the Dragon's and their empire. I can see that the current dragons are far from where the should have been. My scattered memories pointed to them as stewarts ands such.. is that correct?" Swallow asks curiously, wondering what was the time of the Solars/Lunars rulership.
“Indeed calling the terrestrials dragons does them too much justice; they are betrayers, and they wear their sin with pride. But soon I will wipe the smiles from their faces, and sup on their blood. Will your Circle join me? I can make it worth your while… I have weapons, resources, and treasures that I am willing to part with if you are willing to join my crusade,” she smiles sweetly.

Tokiwong said:
“Indeed calling the terrestrials dragons does them too much justice; they are betrayers, and they wear their sin with pride. But soon I will wipe the smiles from their faces, and sup on their blood. Will your Circle join me? I can make it worth your while… I have weapons, resources, and treasures that I am willing to part with if you are willing to join my crusade,” she smiles sweetly.

"I think we could be persuaded." Swallow says cautiously. "But I'm sure the others will want some sort of idea ahead of time on how we are going to do this. And do not forget the .. other foes we have to face."

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
"I think we could be persuaded." Swallow says cautiously. "But I'm sure the others will want some sort of idea ahead of time on how we are going to do this. And do not forget the .. other foes we have to face."
"And those are?" the Lunar replies.

Remove ads