• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Excel party xp calculator for 3.5e!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
If you are talking super-concise language, you must be talking APL, right?

I've never used it, but one of the terminals when I first started programming at Kodak (years back) had an APL keyboard. Talk about a whacky array of symbols :D

Wonko the Sane

First Post
Plane Sailing said:

I don't care if it's in super-concise Latin...I just want to know if it can be compiled and posted by friday evening when the boards go down for the weekend :p

Davin

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
Yep! We have a winner!

It's certainly got a bunch of weird symbols, but they do an amazing amount of work for you.

Davin

First Post
Wonko the Sane said:
I don't care if it's in super-concise Latin...I just want to know if it can be compiled and posted by friday evening when the boards go down for the weekend :p
Sorry, but that's just the computation engine. I don't have a UI ready to share. Besides, I'm also wanting to integrate an EL calculation into it as well, and I haven't solved the CR < 1 problem with that yet. (If anyone's got any ideas on that formula, I'd love to hear them.)

Davin

First Post
Oh, BTW... for those of you that haven't codified the low-level limits (but are interested in doing so), the limiting formulas are simply:

Level = Max(Level,3)

If CR=1 Then XP=Min(XP,300)

Everything else follows the basic calculation rules.

Davin

First Post
Oops! :eek: :eek: I made a little mistake in some of my previous comments. Those of you that are as perfectionistic as I am (and are doing your own coding) might want to make note of a minor adjustment...

Previously, I had noted that the DMG tables followed a "mirror image" multiplication pattern for all levels except 4 and 20. But that should really only include 4 as an exception. It turns out that the exact pattern for level 20 isn't actually listed in the DMG (or ELH) tables at all!

When we extend the DMG pattern for CRs > 20 and Levels >= 14, the DMG tells us to double the number from two CR levels below. This works fine for levels 14-19 because their multiplier patterns have already been correctly established by that time. However, when applying this doubling to level 20 we're actually creating an "erroneous" pattern (that matches only level 4 and the ELH).

Technically, either pattern could be used arbitrarily if following the table values only, as it doesn't list the one critical number (CR=21) needed to determine which was used. Therefore, I'd like to propose that it be formally extended by using the same pattern as the rest of the DMG table (except level 4), which was apparently the originally intended pattern of the developers, and not by using the "doubling rule" strictly as stated (which isn't strictly followed already elsewhere).

To do this, a single value must be reformulated. For Level=20, CR=21 should instead be 2.25 times the CR=19 value (also 1.5 times the CR=20 value) for a total of 9000 XP. Further values to the right of that (CR=23,25,27) will then be doubled correctly by using this number (instead of 8000) in their calculations.

Does anyone have any complaints about "standardizing" in this way?

morpheous1777

First Post
Nail said:
Did one of you ever make an excel sheet out of this?

Here is the chart I use :
(If you are lookin for an excell formula, i dont have one right now, it would be a LONG excell formula, it would be easier by using excells visual basic and do it that way)

Attachments

• Experience Tables.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Remove ads