Expeditions to the Craters. OOC and such

QuaziquestGM

First Post
"With what is left of her expeditious retreat she follows the fox away from the fighting."

Did you edit this sentence in, or did I miss it the first time? If so, sorry.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I do expect the 'squishy' characters to hang back out of melee, but I also expect them to be doing something, or at least be setting up future actions.

What I mean is that you didn't respond to the situation. You just reported that you noticed what the others were doing, and that doesn't move the story forward.

I expect something along the lines of "The kid on the fox seems to be getting out of the way. I watch where he goes and join him if it seems safe." or "The big guy joins the line formed by the militia. I stay back and watch to see if any goblins slip past them." or even "While the militia deals with the goblins I start organizing the civilian types to put out the fires in the goblin free areas."

Also, I don't mind a bit of cooperative metagame. The party hasn't been formed yet, but you can set up something to move us that way. "Wow, that 1/2 is really smashing the goblins. I'll buy him an ale later.... Oh, there's fellow wee folk caster sniping goblins. We should talk shop later..."

Good to know about the little bit of metagaming...

My problem was thinking I was doing to much. I have had three rounds of actions and have seen none from the poor goblins yet.

"With what is left of her expeditious retreat she follows the fox away from the fighting."

Did you edit this sentence in, or did I miss it the first time? If so, sorry.

I posted at 2am. You asked your question at 4pm. If I'd edited it, you'd see the "edited at xx:xx" on the post. It was there the whole time.

And to give Aylana more dimension, this is how I see her now:
Aylana is not going to organize people. She's not a leader. She's an absentminded professor. She observes and talks through what she is doing and overreacts when things around her don't wait for her to perform proper analysis. Now, I admit, she has the stats to be a leader with above 10 Cha and being absentminded is probably learned behavior for her given her Int/Wis pairing. But she's lived her life in academia. She's not use to real life where decisions have to be made instantly instead of after long-winded debate. She's first level. She will learn this lesson and grow into a different person over time. Or die. :)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Is everyone waiting on the goblins to do something? It might be best to react to them, but if not I think the faen are up then Crag, then me again.

I would post but, mine is the last one on there.

Remove ads