Expeditious Retreat Press: Great d20 products, Great People

Odhanan

Adventurer
I knew Expeditious Retreat Press for their oustanding, absolutely excellent A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe.

Recently, some people pimped their A Magical Society: Ecology and Culture volume. I purchased it off their website and received it today.

Now, with the product came a hand-written note saying: "Thanks for supporting Expeditious Retreat Press through buying direct. We hope you enjoy our products and tell your friends. Word-of-mouth from happy customers is the best advertising and ensures the books you like continue to be made."

I was touched by this note. It was hand-written, and it was without BS, to-the-point, real makes-sense marketing to me.

I would like to publicly respond to Expeditious Retreat Press on this board:

Thank you for your note. I will keep on purchasing products directly from your website. I believe in the quality of your products and want to support it. I also want you to know that your note made me realize my impact as a customer on your business more than any other marketing technique could have done. I thank you for this.
My compliments for your outstanding work,
Benoist Poire.

Last edited:

Thanks, you made Suzi's day! She loves writing the notes, and that's a good thing: were I to write them, no one could read them. :)

joe b.

Thanee said:
You cannot read your own notes? :eek: ;)

Bye
Thanee

More often than not, nope. :lol: I haven't done any handwriting 'nigh on 10 years now and it really shows. Not that I was much better than a drunk chicken to begin with either...

joe b.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Like Joe, my handwriting is horrendous. Thank god for computers. Though, I guess if I didn't have computers, it would be better, since I'd actually practice my handwriting from time to time.

But I digress.

I, too, recently picked up the same book, and it also came with a handwritten note. Very nice. It's also a great book. I especially enjoyed the last section. I highly recommend it to anyone who is into making their own campaign setting. Lots of good, detailed information.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
der_kluge said:
Like Joe, my handwriting is horrendous. Thank god for computers. Though, I guess if I didn't have computers, it would be better, since I'd actually practice my handwriting from time to time.

Mine actually improved after picking up a tablet PC and using the handwriting recognition software.

BSF

Explorer
Joe and Suzi rock, there is no question on that. They have a ton of great products that I would like to buy.

philreed said:
Mine actually improved after picking up a tablet PC and using the handwriting recognition software.

I'm assuming that's because the software basically said, "This isn't handwriting!" and you had to learn to actually produce something vaguely legible? :)

joe b.

Remove ads