Extra music without spending a feat?

jasin

Explorer
Is there a way for a bard to get more bardic music uses, other than taking the Extra Music feat, perhaps a magic item? Something within the price range of a 15th-level character, so it can be pretty expensive.

Darklone

None as far as I know and I know most things connected to bards. Shouldn't be a problem though, there are enough items that grant more turn attempts... so why not bardic music uses?

If you don't mind houserules, think about a multiclass houserule feat in the style of Swift Hunter or Daring Outlaw... since most multiclass bards have problems with bardic music uses (and bard archers). Something that allows you to stack two class levels for the number of bardic music.

But since you don't want to spend a feat apparently... most feat granting items range between 10K or 25K gold. And bardic music isn't one of the strongest feats out there.

jasin

Explorer
That was pretty much the reasoning we used: the ioun stone which grants Alertness is 10,000 gp, and Alertness is a crap feat; ring of evasion is 25,000 gp and Evasion is (the equivalent of) a great feat. So the DM said 20,000 for four extra uses (just like Extra Music), and I said fine. :)

BTW, which items grant extra turning? I though there should be some, and we wanted to check them out to use as a starting point for pricing the extra music item, but we couldn't find them.

aboyd

Explorer
Nightsticks, from Libris Mortis. 4 extra turning attempts. Possibly the most broken magic item in the history of D&D. Others can explain why, if necessary. :)

frankthedm

First Post
Nightsticks, from Libris Mortis. 4 extra turning attempts. Possibly the most broken magic item in the history of D&D. Others can explain why, if necessary. :)
letting turning attempts be used for anything other than turning the undead is what is broken in that equation. A limited use ability used to fuel everyday use abilities is the actual problem.

Remove ads