Extreme self-preservation

Oofta

Legend
Alright guys, lets just hug this out.

I would, but I think the sequence would go something like:

1. I'd accidentally step on someone's toes without realizing it. I'm kind of a klutz sometimes.
  2. I'd then be accused of assault.
  3. Confused by this, I'd ask what I had done.
  4. I'd then be accused of a cover-up and lying about inflicting grievous bodily harm.
  5. Once again, I'd ask what I had done.
  6. A lawsuit is filed suing me for defamation of character.
  7. After reviewing video of the incident I would realize what I had done and apologize for it.
  8. The accuser just laughs at my "pitiful attempt at spin"
  9. Even more confused and thinking maybe I was just missing something ask once more for clarification.
  10. The only response I get is "stop calling me a liar" and the accuser walking off in a huff.

This of course is pure conjecture, any resemblance to thread interactions is purely coincidental.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I don't know about the walking off part. I fear that we may be stuck. This is our life now, debating in this thread until the thermal death of the universe.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
I would, but I think the sequence would go something like:

1. I'd accidentally step on someone's toes without realizing it. I'm kind of a klutz sometimes.
  2. I'd then be accused of assault.
  3. Confused by this, I'd ask what I had done.
  4. I'd then be accused of a cover-up and lying about inflicting grievous bodily harm.
  5. Once again, I'd ask what I had done.
  6. A lawsuit is filed suing me for defamation of character.
  7. After reviewing video of the incident I would realize what I had done and apologize for it.
  8. The accuser just laughs at my "pitiful attempt at spin"
  9. Even more confused and thinking maybe I was just missing something ask once more for clarification.
  10. The only response I get is "stop calling me a liar" and the accuser walking off in a huff.

This of course is pure conjecture, any resemblance to thread interactions is purely coincidental.
Exhibit C?

Zardnaar

Legend
Ranged rogue is fairly useless the exception being assassin with hand crossbow and the crossbow expert feat.

I had players who ran around doing f all. His wizard friend would use misty step and spam fire bolt a lot. The idiot thought dealing 5.5 damage or 11 damage was worth wasting daily slots on.

Best debuff is death.

These players are basically disruptive. At best it's annoying at the worst they get other players killed. Ended up booting them as they were the CN stereotype or chaotic stupid.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ranged rogue is fairly useless the exception being assassin with hand crossbow and the crossbow expert feat.

I had players who ran around doing f all. His wizard friend would use misty step and spam fire bolt a lot. The idiot thought dealing 5.5 damage or 11 damage was worth wasting daily slots on.

Best debuff is death.

These players are basically disruptive. At best it's annoying at the worst they get other players killed. Ended up booting them as they were the CN stereotype or chaotic stupid.
Kitting is a valid tactic - even if you don't do much damage, if you drag foes away from the party...

But that isn't what you meant I imagine...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Ladies and gentlemen,

Enough. The bickering ends now.

Really. Walk away. Stop responding to each other. Stop making passive-aggressive snipes at each other in responses to third parties.

And, for a few others, stop egging on the conflict.

You won't get another warning.

Remove ads