Eye of the Beholder: D&D Art Documentary Now Playing

Eye of the Beholder, a documentary about the art of Dungeons & Dragons, has hit streaming services including iTunes and Amazon Video.

Eye of the Beholder, a documentary about the art of Dungeons & Dragons, has hit streaming services including iTunes and Amazon Video.

eotb.jpg

"EYE OF THE BEHOLDER: The Art of Dungeons & Dragons is an exciting new documentary that explores the history, influence, and stories behind the artwork that helps create the worlds in which we all play. The movie profiles D&D artists – both past and present – and also features former TSR insiders, game designers, authors, and fans. EYE OF THE BEHOLDER: The Art of Dungeons & Dragons is a celebration of the art we all love so much."

[video=youtube;bu_dCnirBe4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu_dCnirBe4[/video]​

Sacrosanct

Legend
I just watched this on Amazon. Well worth it. Then again, I admit my bias, and my love for the TSR era artists. I admit I learned something new, that the horrible art done as "Jack Fred" was actually crap work done by Elmore and others when they were rushed, and were too embarrassed to put their own names to it.

Count_Zero

Adventurer
I backed this on Kickstarter at the "Get a Blu-Ray" level, and I'm glad I did, because this is an excellent documentary and a great companion to the Art and Arcana book. I definitely recommend people check it out - and I'm also glad it's out on VOD so I can point people towards that instead of getting a second copy as a loaner.

Remove ads

Remove ads