• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eyes Of The Lich Queen

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

DEFCON 1 said:
He nods in deference to both visitors and in a woody and metallic voice he says "Sister ir'Indari. Brother Donovan. I understand from Brother Ellston that you were inquiring about the Daggerspell leader, Zedarrill Lorren? How may I be of assistance?"

Donovan casts a quick glance to verify Khalia's hair is swept to conceal her mark, then turns to the warforged.

"Yes, we're trying to locate Zedarrill," the templar says. "Brother Ellston said you might know where to find him?"

Velmont

First Post
Jango stares at Jina a moment. "I think you have the mark of Shadow. A true mark, but you should keep it hidden for now. This phenomena doesn't seems normal and until we can find why, I think it is better to keep that hidden. I would even advice you to not use it if possible, the effect is pretty obvious and you are not a spellcaster. Let,s talk about it to Sur'kil first..."

He get outside the alley where he had drags his sister and walks down the street towards Sivis station when he stop. "Let's put that aside. We need to find the others. Let's find Donovan and Khalia, they will be easier to find." on that, Jango and Jina heads toward the Silver Flame temple, leaving the investigation of ir'Matellan later.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Glancing furtively up and down the street, Rogan and Ari quickly move to the door to the Guardian's office and the rogue grabs the knob to open the door. He ushes the door inward and the two of them step into the messy world of the Daggerspell. Papers, parchment, books, boxes... the front room is cluttered with junk. Rogan moves through it though as though he's been here hundreds of times (which isn't probably that far off), and as he advances on the hallway out of the front towards the back, he shouts out to see if anyone else is here. Motioning for Ari to following, the rogue retreats down the corridor.

"ir'Thavar?!? Is that you?!? 'Bout time you showed up you old So-And-So!" The voice echoes down the hallway from one of the side rooms and Rogan instantly recognizes it as Jakk Corren. The rogue and the monster hunter enter the room and they see Jakk sitting at a table playing cards with several other Guardians. The scout smiles at Rogan and motions to the table. "Got a game of Three Dragon Ante here! Pull up a chair! I could use some of your money! Heh heh." A quick glance in the room tells you that Sur'Kil isn't here.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Normally, Ari would be a bit more friendly, a little more diplomatic. But he'd been a bit grimmer since meeting Lorren, and the odd happenings at since the temple were starting to get to him.

"Maybe he can play later. We're looking for Lorren, got some business to report. He around?"

Mista Collins

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
"ir'Thavar?!? Is that you?!? 'Bout time you showed up you old So-And-So!" The voice echoes down the hallway from one of the side rooms and Rogan instantly recognizes it as Jakk Corren. The rogue and the monster hunter enter the room and they see Jakk sitting at a table playing cards with several other Guardians. The scout smiles at Rogan and motions to the table. "Got a game of Three Dragon Ante here! Pull up a chair! I could use some of your money! Heh heh." A quick glance in the room tells you that Sur'Kil isn't here.

Seeing Jakk and the others gathered around the table, the rogue smiles. He could remember numerous nights playing Three Dragon Ante with his fellow Guardians. Rogan wasn't the greatest at the game, but luck usually helped give him a chance. Jakk on the other hand, he could have all the luck in the world and he'd still be able lose more than win. But that never stopped the foolish man from turning down a game if offered. Under other circumstances Rogan would sit down in hopes of taking some of the man's money, but there were other pressing matters.

"It seems nothing has changed while I was out on assignment. And if your luck hasn't change, I'm sure I'd still be the buying you drinks with your money. But today's you're lucky day because my friend here is right, I can't play at this moment. We have a report to make to Lorren. Have you seen him lately?"

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Donovan said:
"Yes, we're trying to locate Zedarrill. Brother Ellston said you might know where to find him?"
The priest bows deeply. "I spoke with the Valenar and his disciples when they arrived here yesterday morning to pay their respects. Apparently while Zendarrill Lorren and his Guardians were attempting to re-seal the doors within the ruined temple, some of his disciples found some additional hidden doorways that Lorren himself could not see. These lead to rooms inside the ruined temple that included more of the strange dragon markings and they have been attempting to translate these for a while. He and the other members of his group returned very early yesterday to attend to the service of Elder Nevillom and then were going to their headquarters to work on more translations before heading back."

He again bows to the two of you, as this appears to be a habitual part of what he considers to be a religious man.

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

DEFCON 1 said:
"He and the other members of his group returned very early yesterday to attend to the service of Elder Nevillom and then were going to their headquarters to work on more translations before heading back."

He again bows to the two of you, as this appears to be a habitual part of what he considers to be a religious man.

Brother Donovan humors the warforged by returning the bow. Besides, he's hoping it covers his surprsise at another set of rooms hidden from dragon eyes. This--like the marks--can't be a coincidence, he decides.

"Thank you much, Brother," Donovan says. "We shall return soon to properly pay respects to the Elder, but first we have another duty to discharge. Walk with the Flame."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Rogan said:
"We have a report to make to Lorren. Have you seen him lately?"
Jakk shrugs and nods, then hooks his thumb to indicate you go further into the building. The two of you turn and head further down the hallway, entering the areas that Rogan tended not to bother with... the arcane workshops.

Walking through the main doorway, you are overcome with all kinds of rank smells wafting over you... and the sounds of bubbling liquids and small pops of explosive air invade your senses. From past this alchemical area, where several Daggerspell Mages are working hard on some sort of new potion of some type, the voice of Zendarrill Lorren ne' Sur'kil the silver dragon can be heard. Ari and Rogan cross the room and enter another room, where you see several large tables covered in parchment, all of which are covered in rubbings and/or drawings. And standing over these large sheets is the Valenar and several of his underlings, talking incessantly about what is or isn't written down here.

Without even turning to you, Lorren somehow senses your arrival and says "You have returned. That is good. We have much to discuss."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Donovan said:
"Thank you much, Brother. We shall return soon to properly pay respects to the Elder, but first we have another duty to discharge. Walk with the Flame."
Brother Anvil bows once more to the priest, then bows deeply to Khalia, before turning and exiting the room.

Having discovered all that you possibly might here at the temple, the next stop is obviously the Draggspell headquarters (which Rogan wisely gave the directions to to all of you). Donovan and Khalia exit the same side door of the temple, and as you glance to your left you see the line has not gotten shorter and in fact might be even longer than it was when you arrived. Stepping out into the sunlight, the pair is about to turn and start walking north when the voice of Jango is heard. When you look, you see Jango and Jina hustling forward to meet you, having finished up their own duties already.

The four of you now back together, you begin your walk through Newthrone heading towards Galifar Way.

Velmont

First Post
"Have you found Zendarrill Lorren? Because we have new information about Donovan's state... he is no longuer alone. Jina too. But she has a true mark of Shadow. We will need to speak about that to Lorren." tells Jango, following the two priest with his sister.

Remove ads