• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eyes Of The Lich Queen

drothgery

First Post
"I thought that might be the case." Khalia said. Her hair was pulled forward a bit, in a slightly different style than she normally wore. "I'll explain why once we are out of the city. It seems Zendarrill has returned to the Guardians headquarters, or at any rate, he is not here."

When they are safely alone, she explains. "I was marked as well. While Donavan might have been chance, two of us made that extraordinarily likely and a thrid nearly impossible. Especially since as far as I know no one in my family tree has ever borne a dragonmark of any kind -- and the ir'Indaris have excellent records for this sort thing."

Velmont

First Post
"And I don't rmember any case of two related person having different kind of mark. Jina with a True one with my past, unlikely. What about Aern, did it happen to him too? I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Rogan would have the same faith then you three now." tells Jango.

"It's too soon, but up to now, I was spared by this strange event. It must be related to my past."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari ignored the magical implemented---magic was a tool to him, but not something he studied. It was as innate as his original mark. But when he finally saw Lorren, a weight seemed lifted. Perhaps now they would get answers.

"We... need to talk. Preferably alone so we can report. There have been some developments we were hoping you could shed some light on."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ari said:
"We... need to talk. Preferably alone so we can report. There have been some developments we were hoping you could shed some light on."
Zendarrill nods at the hexblade's words, then looks past the two of you. "Are the others with you? Did you suffer any casualties in your pursuits?" When he is assured that everyone survived but that they had split up to try and find him, Lorren nods in understanding. "Allow me to contact them and when they arrive here we can sit down and talk. Please feel free to walk about the house, get yourself something to eat, clean yourselves if you'd like, while we wait for the others to join us." Lorren closes his eyes, and begins muttering and motioning a small incantation, while Ari and Rogan are free to move about.

Jango, Jina, Khalia and Horatio are still talking out in the street when suddenly each of them hears the same voice from within their heads. "I am at the Guardian compound with Osten and ir'Tharvar. Come here now so that we may talk." When the voice stops, each of you comment that you heard Sur'Kil speaking to you telepathically, and all agree you should move on to the Guardian compound quickly.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari nods, and takes his leave. He takes some time to wash in private, looking to make sure his burn are healed from previously, and making sure nothing has changed elsewhere. He was already marked, true... but with all the rest going on, it was best to be sure.

When finished, Ari makes sure his gloves are back in place before venturing out. Even in this place, caution was his watchword.

Velmont

First Post
"Well, let's not waste time. We will be able to talk about that with the others." tells Jango, who leads the group towards teh Guardian Compound.

Mista Collins

First Post
Wishing the others were here now so he could get answers to the many questions he wants to ask, Rogan takes his leave and tries to patiently wait for the others while he washes up. Once finished, he takes a seat near the main door and waits; his leg bouncing in anticipation for the others.

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

Velmont said:
"Well, let's not waste time. We will be able to talk about that with the others." tells Jango, who leads the group towards teh Guardian Compound.

Donovan nods, setting out for the Daggerspell headquarters. "I'll feel better once we're all together again, that's for sure. Let's go."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
All told, it takes a half an hour for the others to arrive at the Guardian compound, and then for them to get themselves cleaned up and made presentable. The group finally convenes at the large table in the building's dining hall, with Zendarrill standing at the head. All six of you (Aern remained at the Temple) sit in chairs and dine on some snacks that have been brought in. The Valenar looks at each of you, and it doesn't take a genius to notice that he notices something about each of you. His eyes fix on each member of the group, most specifically on the areas of your body that have your marks, even if they are covered by clothes or hair.

He waves his hand and the door to the dining hall closes on its own, then he leans forward and places both hands on the head of the table, leaning forward to talk with you all.

"So it seems from your sending stone message that there was no Eye to speak of, but that you did find a magical slab and two artifacts of some type? I guess you all had a very interesting time of it. Please enlighten me with what happened."

Velmont

First Post
Jango takes out the two artefact they have found in the slab room. He starts to describe the room as best as he can remembers, and what they needed to do to reach it, including that starnge lever that he wasn't able to see. "That's all we have found there. The slab had a place to place an orb-like item, but it was gone, and one of the niche was empty too. Someone seems to have come before us, but we were not able to find any clue about who they were."

Then Jango starts to speak about there meeting on the road. "So all we have about the one who hired those goons are a name: Dura ir'Matellan. We also know they have used the service of house Sivis, but I doubt they will reveal infomration about there customers."

"But with all that, another phenomena has happen. Donovan has manifested an aberant dragonmark while we were questionning the chef of the goons. It appeared before our eyes. Later, when I was alone with Jina, she manifested too a mark, but it seems to be a mark of Shadow. I'm not the most knowledgeable about teh marks, but she has a true mark and I had an aberant mark, which make no sense. Khalia too has a mark. And Donovan was unlikely too to manifest one. One manifestation is suprising, two is disturbing and I doubt it was a coincidence. Three... it must be related to the Eye.

Rogan, did you had an itch today?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads