• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Faces in the Fire ...

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
This is a little off-topic, but I think it's nifty. :)

To firefighters, a flame seems to be a living creature. They call their enemy "The Fire Dragon." Like a living organism, it grows, moves, eats, excretes, breathes, reproduces, and, some say, even fights for life.

In a practice burn at an abandoned house in a small town somewhere in the US, one firefighter seems to have actually snapped a photograph of the infamous Fire Dragon.

Look at the jet of flame streaking out of the window to the right. Can you see the Fire Dragon's neck, head, and horns?

fire.jpg

Here is the Fire Dragon ...

dragon.jpg

And ... thanks to my freaky imagination, I can also see an evil face.

This one is harder to see than the Dragon, so, bear with me.

Ok ... in the window on the left, look directly above the upper left corner. Against the blackness of the roof, I can make out the left half of an evil-looking, child-like female face. I can clearly see the glaring eye, the nose, the cheek, the frowning mouth, and a curl of long hair.

Here is the Evil Face

evilface.jpg

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
This is so cool.

I immediately saw the dragon...that one is practically leaping out at you.

The face is a bit harder for me...I keep seeing the right half (my left, its right) of a glaring skull-like face. The curl of hair is there, but I see a jaw opened, and above that the large glow of an eye with a slightly darker pupil in the lower right part of it.

Still damn creepy though...I wonder if this house always had monsters that are being consumed (or released?) by the fire...or if the fire monsters came to it...

Krishnath

First Post
I see them both. It's quite interresting actually, that by every definition we have for living things, fire fits the bill.

Knight Otu

First Post
Is that a claw grasping a skull coming out of the door?

I can see the face when I cover the non-existing half of the face with my finger. Otherwise, it looks a bit like a b-movie fish monster.:lol:

Remove ads