• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Faces of the Tarnished Souk: Ankhar-Kosh the Unstoppable

Endzeitgeist

First Post
This pdf is 13 pages, 1 page front cover, 1 page editorial, 1 page SRD and 2 pages of advertisements, leaving 8 pages of content.

This pdf presents Ankhar-Kosh and acts as both a nice stand-alone product or as an add-on to Coliseum Morpheuon.
The pdf kicks off with a page containing the background of Ankhar-Kosh, including information for CM's Dreamburning mechanics and a note on how to and how not to use this bodyguard.

Ankhar-Kosh comes in 3 vastly different incarnations for different levels:
The first one is the whopping CR 21 dreadnaught protector quickling manimal ankylosaurus armiger and his stat-block takes up 2 pages and is a beauty to behold - AC 64. 'Nuff said. He IS the ultimate bodyguard. All his skills and special abilities are aimed at keeping his charges alive and he packs a mean, mean punch. He also comes with 3 unique magic items and 2 feats reprinted from Super Genius Games products (1 page), a cooperation I'm just loving.

The second one is a CR 14 protector quickling manimal ankylosaurus fighter 5, taking up 1 page.

The third incarnation is a CR 7 manimal ankylosaurus. It takes up half a page.

The pdf closes with 3 templates, Dreadnought (CR+1 to +4, depending on the HD), Quickling (CR+1) and Manimal (great nod towards the cult-series in the name, btw.!) CR+1, including some ideas on how to implement them.
The pdf also features the new spell Create Manimal [Drd 6, Sor/Wiz 7], which makes a manimal out of an animal.

Conclusion:

Editing and formatting are top-notch, I didn't notice any mistakes. The b/w-artwork is great.

If you say Rite Publishing, the first thing that comes to my mind is far-out, imaginative design. And stat-blocks. Big, beautiful, bad-ass stat-blocks. Coliseum Morpheuon features a huge array of great, powerful characters and this pdf is an awesome addition to this setting/adventure and I hope we'll see more in this series.

My final verdict will be 5 stars - I'm just in love with this beautiful, deadly CR 21 incarnation.

Remove ads