Facilitator Tasks (Forked from: If/how to impliment OOC points)

Graf

Explorer
So this is the to-do list.

strikethrough = I think this is done.

General
Character creation
in progress (mostly done?)
Charter
done for now (can we add more without actual decisions on certain issues?)
DM/OOC points
being voted on
Character approval system
Can we make a list for this? I was thinking about google groups... but we'd want non-members to be able to email. Maybe we should make an account at GMAIL that autoforwards to an invitation only google group? (i.e. L4W character submission a-t g m a i l forwards to a group)
(it'd be nice to have a permanent record)
Setting

• waiting for
    • completion of individual setting(s)
    • decision about how to handle TI vs other setting(s)

Transitive Isles

• Regional benefits need to be discussed and balanced.
Being discussed. Really just need to decide about Jade Kingdoms.

• Should separate out the character creation rules (e.g. 25 point buy, must use approved template, MM races will be subject to scrutiny for balance issues as well as correctness) from the setting stuff. It may go back together in the same document later once we've decided on a setting
As I've mentioned I'm happy for this to happen but it's low priority for me (I think covaithe's character creation guide fulfills this role really anyway)

• map. We ought to have one, even if it's vague and known to be inaccurate. I don't care if it's the one I drew or not.
Uploaded the final map I commissioned.

• Kingdom of Allaria? I just noticed this in the backstory of Daunton. Sounds good, but maybe a paragraph of general knowledge is called for.
Done.

• Brotherhood of the Bright Eon? This is the cult that brought down the Five. Maybe a bit of backstory on them and what they stand for?
I think they should be left vague, DMs can make up splinter groups and weirdness as they like. More here.

• If Daunton is going to have a Library as part of its regional benefits, there should be a section on the library in the wiki.
Done.

• Island #3. I think I called this Kestoriel on my map. Needs a writeup. There was an early suggestion that this island could be fey-linked. That might tie in well with the bit in Daunton's writeup about how the Five got the fey to leave Daunton's island mostly alone, but now they're coming back.
My and Gary's verisions need to be reconciled in some fashion. Maybe I can handle this tomorrow.

• Imperium needs a final writeup based on discussions page.
Will try to do this tomorrow.

• Pantheon needs to be integrated into the setting proposal. Origin story. I need to go over how gods work in 4e again, but I feel like there's more to be done there, mechanically speaking.
I've commented that I don't think we need to do anything mechanically. I think Ata and Gary need to get together and do some banging on the names.
Ata's fleshing out the Old Gods in an interesting new direction; but I think Gary wanted to iterate the 12 slightly differently from the Imperium version.

• Overall, needs just a bit more work on consistency, proofreading, using the right names in all the right places (there are still a few instances of "island #5" and such).
My bugbear. I'll try to do another pass tomorrow.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Character approval system. Can we make a list for this? I was thinking about google groups... but we'd want non-members to be able to email. Maybe we should make an account at GMAIL that autoforwards to an invitation only google group? (i.e. L4W character submission a-t g m a i l forwards to a group)

Yes, I have a vague sort of plan in my head for doing this, which I haven't actually written down anywhere, but I don't expect it to be terribly controversial.

I think we should create an email account, something like L4W.Judges@gmail.com. Using that email, create an ENWorld account "L4W Judge". All of the judges will have the passwords for the email address and the enworld account. The L4W Judge account will be a moderator for this forum, and will be used to post the various important sticky threads (official character list, charter, etc.). I think we should be able to get the gmail account to forward to the email addresses of the current judges, while still keeping a searchable record of all emails sent to the judge account. As long as the judges remember to CC the judge account when responding, it will be a complete record of all judge conversations. If a judge retires, they simply take themselves off of the forward list. (And possibly change the passwords too, though the honor system would probably work for that.)

An alternative would be to make all of the judges themselves moderators on the forum. That would prevent them from having to log in as someone else to add to the lsit of approved characters (I think).

Graf

Explorer
I like the judges as moderators, since it's easier to track who did what.
(If I were a judge i'd hate to have to log in and out....)

The Gmail account as forwarding mechanism is great. I've actually done that before... you just need to set the - filter to something improbable.

Off today. See you all tomorrow!

garyh

First Post
GMail sounds like a good plan.

I prefer the idea of Judges being moderators so you can tell who did what and so that Judges don't have to log out and back in.

Graf

Explorer
Made an account. You should all have messages in your selected boxes.
As soon as enworld stops hanging on me anyway.

garyh

First Post
Got my e-mail. Thanks for setting that up! Is the gmail account set up to auto-forward e-mail sent to it to all the facilitators/judges?

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
not yet, I don't have your email addresses... you can respond to me, or to the judge info with your details and I can set that up.
(don't post it here)

Graf

Explorer
I've included Gary on the list of forwarded email addresses... will add others when I get their info.

I need to deal with the Imperium next...

Remove ads